Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Aug 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Glad you had a smooth flight over! LAX is a pain most any day. Sorry to hear you had issues picking up your rental car- not a nice way to start off your US holiday is it? On that subject, Avis sucks. I've had problems with them in the past, so now we stick to Hertz.

The airline food didn't look bad! LA traffic, gotta love it (not really). You totally jinxed yourself by pointing out the bad traffic on the opposite of the freeway. As soon as I read that, I was like "uh oh"...and sure enough, it happened to you. It never fails!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

We had Matt Le Blanc on our flight back from LA last time.
Ade still hasn't forgiven me that I wouldn't let him to chat to him at the baggage carousel.

LA traffic is a nightmare!

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Bah LA traffic, it really is just inevitable isn't it?! The drive from LAX to Anaheim for us last year took hours upon hours, how Paul managed it after that long flight is beyond me... you guys are heroes!

All worth it when you make it to your destination though... excited to read your first full day!
That drive was hard work, but you're right, so worth it when we arrived!

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Glad you had a smooth flight over! LAX is a pain most any day. Sorry to hear you had issues picking up your rental car- not a nice way to start off your US holiday is it? On that subject, Avis sucks. I've had problems with them in the past, so now we stick to Hertz.

The airline food didn't look bad! LA traffic, gotta love it (not really). You totally jinxed yourself by pointing out the bad traffic on the opposite of the freeway. As soon as I read that, I was like "uh oh"...and sure enough, it happened to you. It never fails!
LAX was crazy - just chaos everywhere! Yep, totally jinxed it with the traffic.

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
We had Matt Le Blanc on our flight back from LA last time.
Ade still hasn't forgiven me that I wouldn't let him to chat to him at the baggage carousel.

LA traffic is a nightmare!
Ha - and I bet his opening line was going to be "how you doin'?"!

Thanks for reading all!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

All sounded lovely and smooth until LA! Bet you were worn out trying to do that drive
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
That sounds like a very long day for you - and that traffic looked awful. 3 hours from touchdown to leaving with the car is also super long. I bet you were all so shattered but finally being in LA must help a bit.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
All sounded lovely and smooth until LA! Bet you were worn out trying to do that drive
It was a little bit tiring, yes! But worth the journey.

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
That sounds like a very long day for you - and that traffic looked awful. 3 hours from touchdown to leaving with the car is also super long. I bet you were all so shattered but finally being in LA must help a bit.
We were shattered, but excited, and then asleep!

Thanks for reading all!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start. Don't fancy that LA traffic after the delay at immigration and Avis.
Looking forward to the rest of the trip.
Old 21 Sep 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Celeb spotting 😀 You got there eventually ! What torture it must have been though. I’d heard all about the LA traffic so booked a shuttle so that we didn’t need to navigate to Anaheim when shattered. In the end we breezed through immigration the week after you (7/8) and the journey was hold up free too!
Guess we were just lucky but it meant we got to head to Disney our first day after eating Blaze Pizza 🍕
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Grump$ View Post
Nice travel day.

The congestion at LAX and SFO are the worst park of a California fly drive if we are flying BA we tend to pay a little extra and either fly into San Diego or if visiting northern California San Jose which is a lovely little airport.

I feel your pain with LA freeway driving after a long haul flight, you really need to keep alert with so many roads converging into one.
Thanks for this tip. Will google prices I take it you cant get direct from Europe to these smaller airports?

Also who is Dani Riccardo

BTW I love the song choice for this day

Edited at 07:55 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Great start. Don't fancy that LA traffic after the delay at immigration and Avis.
Looking forward to the rest of the trip.
Yep, it made for a long day!

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Celeb spotting 😀 You got there eventually ! What torture it must have been though. I’d heard all about the LA traffic so booked a shuttle so that we didn’t need to navigate to Anaheim when shattered. In the end we breezed through immigration the week after you (7/8) and the journey was hold up free too!
Guess we were just lucky but it meant we got to head to Disney our first day after eating Blaze Pizza 🍕
Ah, sounds like you had a much smoother experience!

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Thanks for this tip. Will google prices I take it you cant get direct from Europe to these smaller airports?

Also who is Dani Riccardo

BTW I love the song choice for this day
I'm not sure about flights into the smaller airports from Europe, sorry. Dani Ricciardo is a Formula 1 driver. Glad you like the song

Thanks for reading all!