Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 23 Oct 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Broken record but definitely get a stroller, we rented from Kingdom Strollers and DD loved it! She was 4 and we too had not used a pushchair in ages but without it it would have been disastrous!
Our DD loved Splash Mountain, Star Tours, 7DMT, Frozen..so many to choose from! You will have a great time if you account for shorter days and rest days 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Another vote for using a buggy. Those long walks around a park in the heat and humidity are different to being at home.i would suggest not doing MK 1st. For little ones it is an amazing park but can be total sensory overload for them. We started with a less in your face park and built up to MK. We found the sensory overload in the MK meant our little darling was a total nightmare on those days compared with the other parks. The castle and MK is what they imagine when you say Disney so best to work up to it in my opinion. Worked for us but all kids are different 😊. We did early mornings, took a break in the afternoon and went back if we were up to it. Had plenty of pool or down time which helped.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 04:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I would go for a week less and stay onsite. With kids that young, the convenience will be worth it. It saves a great deal of time and allows for a more relaxed trip. When on site an afternoon break is realistic. Offsite, it takes way to long getting out of the park and to the car and getting back from the car to the park. With little ones it can be 45 minutes each way. The buses go right to park entrances. I have never stayed in a value but I would think your children would love one.

I stayed on I drive a good 45 years ago. what I remember most was the time it took to get to the parks. I also felt it was the nicest atmosphere, but it could have changed. The southern (Disney End) is nicer.

I am also not a big water parks fan and not sure you need to do three-at least not full days. And remember, the Florida sun is strong, even in the winter, so little ones need to be totally and completely covered in sunscreen and it needs to be reapplies often. No one wants a sunburned child.

My son is taking his family (kids will be almost 3 and 4 and a half to Disneyland this Christmas-my first piece of advice-Take a stroller. HIs kids are good walkers and walk around the zoo all the time in the Houston heat and humidity. I cannot imagine a trip without a place for them to relax. And if you are going at a very busy time, consider a harness. It is too easy to lose and adult, never mind a preschooler.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d consider more frequent but shorter park visits. What will you do on a rest day? We prefer to do a park most days but for just a few hours. Either a morning leaving after lunch. Or arriving mid afternoon and staying out late.

And we used a buggy until the kids were 5.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’d consider more frequent but shorter park visits. What will you do on a rest day? We prefer to do a park most days but for just a few hours. Either a morning leaving after lunch. Or arriving mid afternoon and staying out late.

And we used a buggy until the kids were 5.
Absolutely. I'm on plan 101 subsection five.

Originally DD wanted park followed by rest day. Having given it some thought . With a four year old the pool or TL will probably be harder work than a park 're keeping them safe and occupied

I'm planning parks morning including TS. A few pool mornings followed by either park late afternoon evening with TS and a gentle stroll. Will probably stick to epcot for most as we can get to boardwalk and three evening MK HS y AK. Just to view at night
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Absolutely. I'm on plan 101 subsection five.

Originally DD wanted park followed by rest day. Having given it some thought . With a four year old the pool or TL will probably be harder work than a park 're keeping them safe and occupied

I'm planning parks morning including TS. A few pool mornings followed by either park late afternoon evening with TS and a gentle stroll. Will probably stick to epcot for most as we can get to boardwalk and three evening MK HS y AK. Just to view at night
What’s plan for 101?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I would go for a week less and stay onsite. With kids that young, the convenience will be worth it. It saves a great deal of time and allows for a more relaxed trip. When on site an afternoon break is realistic. Offsite, it takes way to long getting out of the park and to the car and getting back from the car to the park. With little ones it can be 45 minutes each way. The buses go right to park entrances. I have never stayed in a value but I would think your children would love one.

I stayed on I drive a good 45 years ago. what I remember most was the time it took to get to the parks. I also felt it was the nicest atmosphere, but it could have changed. The southern (Disney End) is nicer.

I am also not a big water parks fan and not sure you need to do three-at least not full days. And remember, the Florida sun is strong, even in the winter, so little ones need to be totally and completely covered in sunscreen and it needs to be reapplies often. No one wants a sunburned child.

My son is taking his family (kids will be almost 3 and 4 and a half to Disneyland this Christmas-my first piece of advice-Take a stroller. HIs kids are good walkers and walk around the zoo all the time in the Houston heat and humidity. I cannot imagine a trip without a place for them to relax. And if you are going at a very busy time, consider a harness. It is too easy to lose and adult, never mind a preschooler.
Wouldn’t go for a week less. It was really cheap to add the extra week on so we are going for three to make the most of a holiday that we won’t be able to afford to do often.
Also I don’t think I’d every stay onsite. Every time we have been before we always went to international drive as it has more restaurant choice for us. Means we can walk down to the 360
And wonderworks etc can catch the i trolly to the outlets if we don’t want to drive.

The more parks we do the more they will cost on parking but I think we will do a park in the morning come back to the hotel for a swim or just a nap then can go back out for the evening etc.
Only planning the water parks for one day doubt since we can only do the kiddie bit and the team boat ride I doubt we will be there more than a few hours in the morning. Knowing my eldest who loves water slides it might be something else since it’s free parking that we go do on the “days off”

My plan for the “days off” are
First day especially will be going to Disney springs.
Walmart
Florida mall
The outlets(think there are two)
Millena mall
Pointe Orlando
Wonderworks
360-Madame Tussaud’s, Orlando eye, sealife
Might be SeaWorld but I doubt it.
Crazy golf-the two Disney ones and maybe the pirates cove one we always used to do this as a couple but not sure how good my 4yr old will be at it. Might need a few balls.
Go in the pool every rest day for least an hour or so or back to the water parks.
Got t-Rex and rainforest cafe on the rest days too.
Just want the rest days as I don’t want the park days to overwhelm the kids, especially want to have a rest day after thinks like going to fantasmic and mk fireworks so that we can not worry about what time we wake up and can just have a slow day basically.

Definitely need to convince hubby to get a buggy
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
We've used these twice for our GS for when he was just 4 and 5. They will deliver to your hotel and pick it up. Good quality
kingdomstrollers
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
What’s plan for 101?
I’m on Plan one hundred and one subsection two

I’ve wriiten so many
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I’m on Plan one hundred and one subsection two

I’ve wriiten so many
Oh right you mean you have done that many itineraries?