Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Oct 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sweaty
Getting Excited

Following , great start - have a great holiday
Doubletree Hilton by SeaWorld 2019
sweaty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Brilliant start, I think your food likes are about the same as mine and dh.
He doesn’t like fishy fish either!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Following
👋🏼

Originally Posted by dibdobber View Post
Really enjoyable and readable report. Thanks for going to all this effort,
Thank you! That’s really kind of you to say 😊

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Lovely day. Sounds like you have settled right in.
Blaze pizza looks great.
Have a great time.
Blaze was brilliant. Thanks! We are really enjoying ourselves 👍🏼

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Some great food.Do you have a pic of the Freddie Krueger pyjama bottoms by any chance ? X
Thanks! Yes, here you go! I think they’re really funny 😂

Originally Posted by sweaty View Post
Following , great start - have a great holiday
Thank you! ☀️

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Day Three - Universal Studios, IDrive outlets & Texas de Brazil

I was awake far too early again this morning, 5-5:30am 😫 I tried to go back to sleep but it wasn’t happening. I just laid in bed and wrote up my report from the day before.

I got up a bit later, got ready for the day and we went over to the main building for breakfast. Everything was the same as the day before except instead of bacon we had sausage patties. I had a toasted bagel with peanut butter and banana. Not the most photogenic food but one of my favourites!

DP had a sandwich with the sausage patties and eggs. I forgot to take a photo... but I doubt it would have looked that great in any case.

We had tea and coffee and I also had one Mickey waffle and syrup - I couldn’t resist it!

We got ourselves together and drove to Universal. We loved not having to hand over $22 to park our truck! We got there at about 9:30 and got an incredible parking space! Spider-Man 452 which is pretty much as close as it gets. We walked down through Citywalk and veered to the right to Universal Studios. I’m desperate to get something from voodoo donuts but since we’d just swallowed breakfast today wasn’t the day.

We took our photos with the globe and got excited for horror nights looking at the signs.

We spent a while in the Horror Nights Tribute Store and tried to narrow down what we want to buy. The merch is so good this year! We didn’t really get anywhere with the narrowing down - I want it all!

We went over to Diagon Alley next and had a good look about, just enjoying the atmosphere and scenery. We shared an ice cream from Forean Fortescue’s. The bottom scoop was salted caramel blondie and the top was sticky toffee pudding. DP proffered the top and I preferred to bottom so that worked out well! We sat on the steps next to Gringotts and did some people watching while we enjoyed our ice cream. Oh it was only 10:30 in the morning, but you only live once! 🤭

We browsed the stores and I got some pics of some of the sweet offerings - no prices though... 🤔

We then rode MIB with a posted time of 10 minutes, it was more like 25. DP got a decent score in the 500 thousands. We found the wait times to be really high today which is why we only did a handful of rides. We got virtual lines for Jimmy Fallon and Fast & Furious. Both were new rides to us and after reading such terrible reviews I wasn’t expecting much at all. I thought Jimmy Fallon was really fun and I’d definitely ride again. Fast & Furious I didn’t enjoy; we were in the front row and I was on the very left seat. I felt violated at the end of it! I was sprayed directly in the face with water, smoke was blasted at me, it was so so so loud and made me feel a bit travel sick 🤢 I think that was a one and done for me!

During the day we also rode ET, watched the minions and Despicable Me crew come out and dance, met with Beetlejuice and had some lunch. I’ve lost track of the order to be honest, but you get the gist.

At about 1:00 we went over to Monsters Cafe to see if we could buy the HHN unlimited refills cup and we could (I thought it was for sale only during HHN). So we now have unlimited refills at UOR during our whole holiday for $30.88 (AP discount not available) which I think is a great deal.

We then went for some lunch at Louie’s - we got spaghetti and meatballs and a side of breadsticks and marinara sauce to share. This came to $14.93 and was really tasty. We sat outside and listened to the Blues Brothers show. Lovely!

We left the park at about 4:00 and popped into the Margaritaville store to change a tshirt we bought which was too snug which we didn’t have a receipt for. They changed it without a second thought so that was a good result! We sat in the big comfy chairs outside as we had some time kill before our dinner at 7:15 and didn’t really know what to do. I looked over my shoulder towards IOA and saw the biggest, blackest clouds rolling in... we’ve never moved so fast! We made it to Bubba Gump when the sky just opened. It was a mega downpour (maybe linked to hurricane Michael?). We decided to spend a couple of hours at the I Drive Outlet before our dinner at Texas de Brazil. We got some great bargains in the Disney Character Warehouse. Some DCL tshirts for DP at just $6.99 and a pair of grey WDW joggers for me for $12.99 which I was really happy about. We didn’t buy anything else but had a decent look about. My feet were really starting to ache now. I ended up doing 16,000 steps in the day and covering 11.3km. No wonder my feet were sore!

We drove over to Texas de Brazil which was heaving! It was extremely busy, I’m guessing due to the 1998 pricing deal. We were seated within 15 minutes. The restaurant was very busy and very loud. You go up to the buffet for cold salad items and hot ‘sides’ and the servers bring freshly cooked meats to your table on skewers. You have a little disk which you flip to green or red to let them know if you want more meat or not.

The food was brilliant and I really enjoyed the salad buffet.

We had some issues with the meats as it seemed our table was being missed. Our server noticed and things soon picked up! I’ve tried to keep my photos presentable. I find nothing more off putting than half eaten dinner plates in a dining report, sorry!

We both agreed that the leg of lamb was our favourite, it had such a great flavour. Second favourite for DP was the sirloin which had a lovely smokey flavour, my second favourite was the BBQ ribs - so tasty and tender!

After we were done our plates were cleared our sever brought a tray to show us the desserts on off. I chose a creme brûlée and DP went for a chocolate mousse cake. Both were very nice and as expected.

Only when we got the bill we found out these weren’t included. I found this to be a bit dishonest of Texas de Brazil - it seems they purposely don’t bring a menu so you can’t see the prices. Not a huge issue for us and didn’t spoil our evening but could be a big price difference on a larger table. We took half of the cake home as DP couldn’t quite manage it. The bill was $85.20 which I think was good value for the quality and quantity of the food. I don’t think either of us would be able to eat enough food to make it a good deal at the full price of $50. The atmosphere was not fancy or special in my opinion to make up for the usual price.

We were back into bed by 9:30(! ) after another excellent day. We’ve got HHN the following evening so needed a good nights sleep.

offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Thank you 😍😍
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I don’t think I could eat $50 worth of meat.I ate too many profiteroles on Sunday night and woke up at 4am with the “profiterole sweats “ 😳😳 can’t wait to buy some Hhn merchandise !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

I was looking at the pictures from TDB and was wow I wanna go but then I saw the price 😢 if on a deal then I agree it looks fair, shame about the desserts very underhanded
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Following along,can't wait for your next installment. Loving it.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lachelli
Helping Mickey

Hey

Just wondering did they ask to see your HHN ticket when you bought the HHN Freestyle cup and if you had any issues using this cup during regular park hours ?
Lachelli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you 😍😍
😘

I don’t think I could eat $50 worth of meat.I ate too many profiteroles on Sunday night and woke up at 4am with the “profiterole sweats “ 😳😳 can’t wait to buy some Hhn merchandise !
Hahaha! I got the ladies house / slogan shirt last night and DP got the Killer Klowns shirt. Theres so many good choices!

Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
I was looking at the pictures from TDB and was wow I wanna go but then I saw the price 😢 if on a deal then I agree it looks fair, shame about the desserts very underhanded
😒 underhanded is a great word for it. The food really was lovely though.

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Following along,can't wait for your next installment. Loving it.
Thanks! 🙂

Originally Posted by Lachelli View Post
Hey

Just wondering did they ask to see your HHN ticket when you bought the HHN Freestyle cup and if you had any issues using this cup during regular park hours ?
They didn’t ask to see my ticket and it works perfectly during the day. It says it’s valid until 2am on 5th November (I think from memory! ). DP pointed out that it’s up on the screens in the day so they have to sell it. I was convinced she would say no!

Old 11 Oct 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Day Four - a very lazy morning & HHN

I finally slept in this morning; I slept like a log till 8am. Hallelujah!

We had plans for HHN this evening so wanted to take the morning very slowly. DP treated himself to the other half of his cake for a pre-breakfast 😂 We finally made it out at about 10:45 and walked over to the IHOP next door. We were seated in a little booth and were being served by someone training a new server so we got double good service! I just love IHOP!

We ordered coffee, tea, biscuits and gravy and the combo breakfast. I love that you get a flask of coffee here!

DP had a bit of a disaster with his tea we just couldn’t get it to brew properly even though he had two tea bags. This was as good as it got...!

The food arrived pretty quickly. My gravy was really thin and runny, so I mentioned it when asked how our food was. The server said she didn’t know why it was so thin but she would bring me some more. It was exactly the same but did the job and it still tasted right. My eggs were a bit hard for over medium but that’s ok. The biscuits were so light and airy.

DPs breakfast was really good. All as expected with nice runny yolks.

The double blueberry pancakes were delicious. I may have helped out a bit with finishing them off🙊

Our meal came to just $27.93 including tip. We also donated $5 to charity to get $5 off our next visit.

We walked over to the Dollar Tree and browsed the isles! We got a few little bits, some of the caramel M&Ms, but nothing else too exciting.

We drove to a Target as there was a few essentials I wanted to pick up. We almost had an absolute disaster on the way. We came across an unexpected coin only toll and about 19c in change... ! A van pulled up behind us, DP had to run out with a dollar bill and try to eat some change. The lovely man behind kindly gave us 95c and even refused the dollar! What a star!

After that stressful moment (and turning the setting on google maps to avoid tolls! ) we got to Target & got the toiletries and picked up two Nutella and pretzel dips for 99c each for at HHN but we didn’t end up eating them. Hopefully they haven’t melted weirdly!

While we were in Target there was the mother of all storms! It seemed to go on and on but eventually it passed and we could leave.

DP wanted to go to Best Buy but I was feeling a bit wobbly so I stayed in the car and laid down for a while. We then drove to Universal to get into the park before 5pm to stay for HHN. We got a decent space in the holding area and we were released at about 5:35 I think. We did three houses in a really good time; Poltergeist, Scary Tales and Carnival Graveyard. We then trekked out to the back of the park for Trick ‘r Treat & Dead Exposure.

By now it was about 8pm and we had done 5 houses which we were really pleased with. Our feet were feeling pretty tired by now so we sat down in front of the fountain by the Wizarding World for a while. We watched a hilarious group of very drunk people most were early 20s and one of their Mums was with the group; she was the most drunk and saying very, very inappropriate things (mainly about one of the boys! )😂😂😂 the girls then decided they wanted a picture picking the Mum up. Obviously they all fell down, knocked over one of their drinks all laughing their heads off the whole time. It was most entertaining!

We went around to enjoy some scarezones and come 9:30 we were hungry again!

Chucky was incredible- we must have stood for 20 minutes watching him. He was incredibly clever and witty. I’m sure we’ll be back to see what more he has to say!

We got to Louie’s and found a table. We shared a slice of sausage and pepperoni pizza ($10.99) and a plate of pizza fries ($9.99). The line was pretty long but I finally got there! We had a pretty long wait for the pizza fries but we got them in the end.

The pizza was really tasty but could have had a touch more cheese.

The pizza fries were good but I think we were both expecting something more. I don’t think we’ll get them again. I can’t put my finger on it but they just weren’t super tasty.

This came to $20.11 with our AP discount.

I was scrolling on Facebook and saw a school friend of mine who moved out here years ago was at HHN tonight! We messaged and spend the rest of the night with her and her family. It was absolutely lovely to catch up and really made our night. We did some scarezones and the Halloween 4 house together which was really fun!

We said our goodbyes and made our way out of the park. By the time we got back to the car we’d done over 21,000 steps today 😵😴😴😴

We got back at about 1:00 and showered and went straight to bed.

Today was a really fun day, HHN was brilliant and I can’t wait to do the rest of the houses. We didn’t eat much today... I blame Texas de Brazil!