NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Natsynoo's Perfect Panamian Adventure: DCL EBPC Oct 2018 - Day 2 California Adventure

We woke up at 4am – I had hoped to sleep a little longer but it always takes a couple of days to adjust to the west coast timezone. We hung around the room for a while and enjoyed a little rest before getting up and heading out to California Adventure at 6.45am.

We arrived at Jamba Juice at 7.15am where I ordered a medium Mango a Go Go and Matt had the Aloha Pineapple which came to $13.58. We also had a Sugar Bun from La Brea Bakery to share for $4.30.

IMG_1106 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1107 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We were let into California Adventure at 7.30am and waited at the rope for a bit. I used the time to buy our Maxpass and set up our first Fastpass for Incredicoaster.

Carsland was to be our first stop though, to ride Radiator Springs Racers, which was done and dusted by 8.15am.

20181018_082229 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1108 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1178 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

0806f5da-7f7a-4a55-821a-535ba524fa57 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Next up was Toy Story Mania which was a walk on. I won. As per.

IMG_1124 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

On our way to Toy Story Mania, however, we found a Photopass photographer, and grabbed some snacks with our favourite Disney viewpoint in the world (so far!).

0ca6f39a-240b-427c-816b-f146fd3cc88a by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

9e4ddbd4-a97b-47d5-b357-4fe275e4c531 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20181018_082503 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

By the way, we absolutely loved the new Pixar Pier area, such a fantastic use of all of the theming opportunities that Pixar offers!

IMG_1112 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1128 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1114 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We spotted that Incredicoaster was down on the way over there and it wasn’t long before the notification came through on my phone that we had a multi-experience Fastpass to use instead, so we decided to use that for Guardians Mission Breakout instead. We also picked a new Fastpass for Soarin’ to ride shortly after.

On our way over there, we spotted Halloween Mickey heading over to Buena Vista Street so quickly joined the queue before it got too long.

9661109d-4bf1-469f-8d7c-8841b9ba89c7 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

5071038b-36e1-4e5f-87a1-9964a63ad790 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1130 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Soarin’ was great as usual, so our next stop was to be Guardians Mission Breakout using our Fastpass. Once through, I booked another Fastpass for Guardians more or less straight after as it was a new one for us and I thought we’d like to ride it twice – we were right! It was absolutely fantastic and a great use of the ‘shell’ of Tower of Terror.

I love Tower of Terror, don’t get me wrong, and please Disney, don’t touch the Florida one, but Guardians was brilliant!

IMG_1147 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20181018_093936 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Between rides, we grabbed a Sprite ($4.51) and went to see the painted picture walls that were on my bucket list.

IMG_1143 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1141 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

09253be3-a0d1-483d-b3f2-846947dcdecb by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After our second ride on Guardians, we headed over to Grizzly River Rapids for which we had an 11.15am Fastpass, and we spotted Vampirina on the way so we met her so we could show our niece (who is a massive fan!).

IMG_1148 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We got soaked on Grizzly, but thankfully it was nice and sunny and warm so we dried off
soon enough.

IMG_1152 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We decided to check on Incredicoaster next, and it was posting a 30 minute wait with no Fastpasses available. We decided it was now or never, so went for it. On the way, we spotted at the Adorable Snowman for a Frosty Parfait ($6.45) which was super yummy, especially the lemon soft serve….even though it turned my tongue green!

IMG_1153 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1154 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1156 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1157 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

And thankfully, Incredicoaster’s line took only 15 minutes so that was ever better. Another Disneyland win for us, making California Screamin’ far more relevant and we just loved the storyline of this new attraction. But one go is enough for me on the ‘whizzy woo’ coasters.

After this, it was Churro Time, so we spotted by Senor Buzz’s for a cinnamon churro and water ($9.50) and then popped into Bing Bong’s for two of the cotton candy spirit jerseys (one for me, one for my sister) ($140.05).

20181018_120406 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20181018_120349 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The Pixar Pal Around was posting a 20 minute wait for the swinging version, so we rode that.

By now, it was lunchtime (1pm). Matt fancied pizza but at $7 per slice in the parks (and we’d want 2 each), I suggested that Naples could be better value. He agreed, so we headed out of the park, via the Grand Californian, and were seated straight away.

We ordered a large margherita and two soft drinks which came to $42.02. For those who are not familiar, Naples is very similar to Via Napoli in WDW, and we just loved these restaurants. The pizza never fails to impress and this was delicious as ever.

IMG_1160 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The park was getting busier now, and we had more or less ticked off our must do’s, so we decided to have a wander through Downtown Disney back to Disneyland Park to finish off what we needed to do in there. Unfortunately though the World of Disney store was closed (we later learned that it was reopening the next day after an extensive refurb so they were busy setting everything up in there) so there wasn’t too much to see.

We were back in Disneyland for 2pm, were we popped into the Main Street Clothiers store to get our little niece Molly her own cotton candy spirit jersey ($48.48) before getting some photos of us in front of the Castle, using the Photopass that comes with the Maxpass.

6d52d941-6416-4dde-81d5-a6c6df93f774 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I had managed to secure a Haunted Mansion Holiday Fastpass for 2.45pm so we headed in that direction. We loved this ride again, such an improvement on the standard Haunted Mansion attraction.

Afterwards, we stopped by the shop in Adventureland opposite Indiana Jones to pick up a Quiksilver baseball cap that Matt had spotted the previous day ($25.86).

At 3.15pm we were growing weary, what with the time difference and a long and busy couple of days. We decided to stop for a ‘scoopy’ ice cream ($11.84) to pass the time before our Space Mountain Fastpass at 4pm.

IMG_1161 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20181018_152629 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

On our way over, we grabbed a Sprite ($4.50), and then rode Space Mountain. It was more thrilling than I remembered!

At this point, it was time to head back over to California Adventure as I was desperate to see the Coco show at 5pm. I absolutely loved it – the songs, the puppets, the dancing, the colours. I hope they keep it going!

These are all videos, so if you click on the image and head to the Flickr website, you can watch them from there!

IMG_1177 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1176 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1175 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1174 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1173 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1172 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1171 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After this, we thought we’d give Radiator Springs Racers one last try, and waited 25 minutes for a single rider experience which I didn’t mind too much.

We were conscious of time by this point and Matt was keen to go to Hooter’s for dinner tonight, so we headed to the Grand Californian now to catch a Lyft to the nearest restaurant which cost $9.64.

Matt loved his Triple Dog Dare wings (he got ‘the look’ from the waitress as usual as this is the hottest sauce on their menu and he has it without any ranch dressing), whilst I had the lame BBQ wings, with some curly fries to share. With two soft drinks, the bill came to $43.05 + tip.

IMG_1180 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1179 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_1181 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We got a Lyft back to Disneyland ($9.65) and by this point, I was really starting to struggle with tiredness but I knew I had to see Fantasmic so powered through. It was so busy but we managed to find a good spot and so waited it out for the show to begin.

20181018_212525 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Well it was absolutely fabulous. Yes, I would prefer it to be held in a seated amphitheatre like in WDW but the modernisation and special effects added to the Disneyland version during the recent refurb were well worth it and I just adored it. It was magnificent and I hope that WDW gets the same loving upgrades in the near future.

By now, it was almost 10pm so it was time to get me home and to bed. Not before picking up my coveted Stitch pillow pal though ($32.31). The walk back was a real struggle being so tired, but I made it, and was in bed by 10.30pm.

Tomorrow was cruise day, and I was excited!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 07:19 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Again I don’t know how you manage so much!

Great day though!
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

looking forward to the cruise tomorrow,brilliant disney days though,i would love to visit that park some day xx
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Again I don’t know how you manage so much!

Great day though!
Haha thank you! I did less well on this day but managed to power through just long enough!

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
looking forward to the cruise tomorrow,brilliant disney days though,i would love to visit that park some day xx
Thank you! California Adventure is truly wonderful, I'm sure that any true Disney fan would love it! Hope you get the chance to go some day!

Thank you both for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another fun packed day . Love your ears and the wall photos. The girl in your green tongue photo made me smile😄😄. Wow that pizza is huge. We would love to go back to Disneyland one day we really enjoyed it but it was so busy when we visited we didn’t get time to do a lot of the rides.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Another fun packed day . Love your ears and the wall photos. The girl in your green tongue photo made me smile😄😄. Wow that pizza is huge. We would love to go back to Disneyland one day we really enjoyed it but it was so busy when we visited we didn’t get time to do a lot of the rides.
Haha oh yes the pizza was big and amazing!
Yes it does get very busy but we are just very focussed on our must do's and get in early as it tends to get busier in the afternoons and evenings.
Our favourite resort (so far!)

Thanks for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 4 Dec 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
So what exactly is a 'candy cotton spirit jersey'?!

Joa
Old 6 Dec 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
So what exactly is a 'candy cotton spirit jersey'?!

Joa
They're really loose fitting light weight jumpers, and so comfy!

Here's the cotton candy one <3

shopdisney/walt-disn...-candy-1489553

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Another awesome day!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by princesschazy View Post
Another awesome day!
Thank you! And thanks for reading and commenting!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index