Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 22 Dec 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
M & S sale live... but for some only

As above M & S sale is live if you are a sparks card holder and over points threshold for preview access. Couldn't resist a sneaky look and some lovely stuff at 50% off and all in stock when I checked out my basket unlike nexts sale lol.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Not a bad sale. Some discounts were 70% off.

I nabbed a cheap Polo and my Wife got 2 pairs of jeans. Oh and a bra for £3.60

Not much in the way of Homeware though

However I am still crying after the Next sale yesterday when sadly everything my Wife wanted was available.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Not a bad sale. Some discounts were 70% off.

I nabbed a cheap Polo and my Wife got 2 pairs of jeans. Oh and a bra for £3.60

Not much in the way of Homeware though

However I am still crying after the Next sale yesterday when sadly everything my Wife wanted was available.
Most of stuff I ordered was off homeware but I suppose it depends on what you want we needed new mugs and I wanted some pasta bowls both in sale and ones I'd been looking at getting anyway so fact it's a bargain all the better now. I didn't really look at clothes but surprise surprise a handbag fell into my basket, I didn't do too bad on next either but again that was homeware all in stock clothing sold out or rediculous wait time so I always knock those off.

£3.60 for a bra is a bargain, I was going to put a witty comment about if it was for you or Mrs M as it wasn't clear in your post lol but thought better of it 😂😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Most of stuff I ordered was off homeware but I suppose it depends on what you want we needed new mugs and I wanted some pasta bowls both in sale and ones I'd been looking at getting anyway so fact it's a bargain all the better now. I didn't really look at clothes but surprise surprise a handbag fell into my basket, I didn't do too bad on next either but again that was homeware all in stock clothing sold out or rediculous wait time so I always knock those off.

£3.60 for a bra is a bargain, I was going to put a witty comment about if it was for you or Mrs M as it wasn't clear in your post lol but thought better of it 😂😂
Ha ha, maybe my Wife and I could share it. Mmm, maybe not don't think I am a 32 - more like a 44" chest!

Being serious though M & S have created a perfect storm for themselves. My Wife won't buy clothes from there apart from jeans and lingerie.

I like their boxers, socks, polos and cords.

We both like their bedding and bought some duvets for the spare beds last week.

However, we never pay full price and just bookmark what we want and wait for either a Sale or a Sparks discount. Thus by doing discounts so often they don't ever get full price purchases from us.

With regards to Next we bought £230 worth of clothing and 2 x small pictures for the spare bedroom.
However a lot of it was for the Grandchildren

Again my Wife loves Next but feeds from their sales more than regular shopping there.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Ha ha, maybe my Wife and I could share it. Mmm, maybe not don't think I am a 32 - more like a 44" chest!

Being serious though M & S have created a perfect storm for themselves. My Wife won't buy clothes from there apart from jeans and lingerie.

I like their boxers, socks, polos and cords.

We both like their bedding and bought some duvets for the spare beds last week.

However, we never pay full price and just bookmark what we want and wait for either a Sale or a Sparks discount. Thus by doing discounts so often they don't ever get full price purchases from us.

With regards to Next we bought £230 worth of clothing and 2 x small pictures for the spare bedroom.
However a lot of it was for the Grandchildren

Again my Wife loves Next but feeds from their sales more than regular shopping there.
I'm the same now Mr Tom, and I think a lot do to be honest, we all like a bargain , I work in an outlet store and boxing day is our busiest day but a lot of our customers will be in this weekend buying early cos our stock is priced up early ready for boxing day... Easy to spend on next though especially for kids stuff, I'm guilty of that with youngest especially... Does your wife ever look on next clearence pages in between sale times I've had a good few bargains off there?
Old 22 Dec 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I just asked her. She says yes she monitors that section.
She also finds stuff she likes on the main pages and as they start to sell out she knows the residue will move across to clearance.
Thats when she will buy.

Also she has Outlook Calendar notifications for all the sale dates so she has a good idea when they will take place.

Old 22 Dec 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

I just asked her. She says yes she monitors that section.
She also finds stuff she likes on the main pages and as they start to sell out she knows the residue will move across to clearance.
Thats when she will buy.

Also she has Outlook Calendar notifications for all the sale dates so she has a good idea when they will take place.
Mrs Morrow is very on the ball and organised lol
Old 22 Dec 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I've put some stuff in my basket but the only discount its applying is 20% off clothing, beauty and homeware, even though my Sparks page says i've got priority access? Weird.
Old 22 Dec 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I've put some stuff in my basket but the only discount its applying is 20% off clothing, beauty and homeware, even though my Sparks page says i've got priority access? Weird.
Are you on website or sparks app because I did this first thing on my phone using app and it wasn't playing ball but when I did it on the website it worked properly x
Old 22 Dec 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I haven’t had an email but after seeing this thread, went to my Sparks page on my iPad and got this message, which offers up to 50% off:

In actual fact, as I went through the sales list, each item had a banner showing the discount from 20% right up to 60% - I just had to work out the actual price. When I went to checkout there was a list of discounts at each % showing what I’d saved, but not which item so it was a bit confusing tbh.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List