Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Jan 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Wow what a busy first day. I love reading your reports, they always make me laugh x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Loved that thanks. I am always really interested in how you structure your days in the parks. Full days and no break (queue surprised face at todays report!) x
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

What a frustrating start with the tickets, can’t believe you didn’t know Coventry is the centre of the universe
I think Andy May have a sneaky nap on living with the land
Great going with the FastPasses at MK.
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

My heart rate was soaring just reading the Bon Jovi debacle. I had something similar with Ian McKellen tickets of all things! Think I was just screaming in rage at my screen by the end of it. You’re a good wife going through that for Andy!

Yikes, Epcot was a disaster. You did well to get on the rides you did. I’m planning a Garden Grill brekkie, can’t wait for that cinnamon bun.

Lovely evening in MK, fast pass roulette sounds great fun. Starbucks though...oof...maybe I’ll take lessons from that annoying woman and just run in and nick unclaimed coffees rather than queue!

Hope life calms down for you soon (so you can come back and entertain us )
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I think you did really well on your first day. I, like you, love the lime starburst (opal fruits) and I will own up to getting a pearl and white gold ring at one of those stalls on my first visit to WDW. I tried the margarita with the spicy zingy salt stuff in Epcot last time and loved it but I know what you mean about the old mimosa's.
Loving reading along - great report.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Lime Starbursts are the best
I instantly knew what Andy meant by ‘hand platters’ but I don’t think I would have caught on if I was hot, hungry and sleep-deprived!
The cinnamon bun skillet at the Garden Grill looks incredible. I’d never thought about eating at GG as I’m vegetarian but I could easily eat a whole skillet of gooey icing by myself...
I also felt horrible when I saw the fish in Living with the Land. The fish over in The Seas Pavillion have plenty of room, why can’t they share?
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Another great report - I'm loving the interspersed song lyrics! looking forward to the rest
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I can’t believe after having me sitting there on the edge of my seat, practically breaking out into a sweat with anticipation that you ended up coming away with no Bon Jovi tickets! Oh the drama!

Ok so reading this has confirmed that we will definitely will be booking Garden Grill for breakfast… that cinnamon sticky bun looked absolutely divine (you know how much I love a bit of sugar at breakfast!). Those tater tots looked amazing too. I was literally drooling all over my keyboard reading this. Disappointing to get snubbed by Mickey though, clearly holding a grudge after the assault last year…

So nice to get some chilled out hotel time, such a change of pace for you guys! Such a perk of being at Beach Club and being a mere hop, skip and a jump away from your room… this is what totally sells this resort to me! I’m hoping that later in the trip you actually venture from the bar and take a dip in the pool!

So forever more I will be calling the small dishes served at Epcot’s festivals ‘hand platters’. Andy you are a legend. This literally had me in stitches. You guys need your own reality show, move over Jack and Dani… there is a new power couple in town!

I absolutely loved reading this (obvs) and if possible it’s making me even more excited for our trip later in the year. Now I am just hoping that work calms down a bit so you can crack on with the next installment! #chopchop
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I’m so happy you’ve started your report and I hope work calms down for you soon.

Well done trying for tickets for so long, I’d have lasted about 5 minutes
Garden Grill breakfast looks delicious especially that bun.

The rocks by Tomorrowland in MK have always been there but they used to be a browny colour. They painted them blue/silver at the end of August/start of 2016 (it was just before our Sept 2016 visit, my memory for dates isn’t normally that good!)
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a royal pain in the backside that all the rides were down in Epcot. I'm sure I don't understand why you weren't taking the opportunity to do repeated laps of Figment. What on earth were you thinking?

A fab first day in spite of the difficulties you seemed to have a great time.

Oh and hand platters...They should definitely be a thing.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List