Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Jan 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes, they accept credit card for direct purchases.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Yes we were advised by them to put our recent CCV add on through a CC, we were cash buyers and I don't use CCs so hadn't thought of it, we've ended up with huge amounts of Avios points. enough for a return flight each in PE or UC if we're really lucky on dates and free airport lounge!

Cards have been cleared and cut up so it really is win win.

We signed out there as bought direct, but had a month until the balance was due so that was paid over the phone.

Good luck to your daughter in her purchase.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post
I think she didn't want resale as she was hoping to have a holiday this year with 2018 & 2019 Points and Resale did not seem to have any, Disney have offered her that & Dave's Rental waned about £7000 to rent so it worked out about the same price
There's quite a few contracts with banked points resale, or has been . With the new direct prices she can be paying 50%+ less resale. I'd suggest a good research.
Buying a luxury purchase like DVC, particularly at new direct rates, on 10%+ pa finance is not necessarily a good idea. The finance is ridiculously priced given Disney retains total control on default, basically it's no risk for them.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

I bought resale in 2013 and everything was done via email and bank transfer. If the selling agent need to talk to me they would always phone me at a prearranged time. I would only by direct now if it was the only way I could get membership benefits.
Your DD should seriously weigh up the savings made by buying resale to the cost of buying direct.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If she is considering buying on finance I'd seriously have a word with her.

It's been posted that the vast majority of resales are from people who bought on finance. There is a reason for that stat.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Ok so last night after much research she decided to buy direct so she managed to get last years & this years points and no Dues due for 6 months, she paid on CC (AE) no charges apparently and will pay that off straight away.
AK home resort so looking forward to lots of Holidays with my Grandchildren 😊

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post
Ok so last night after much research she decided to buy direct so she managed to get last years & this years points and no Dues due for 6 months, she paid on CC (AE) no charges apparently and will pay that off straight away.
AK home resort so looking forward to lots of Holidays with my Grandchildren 😊
Congratulations to your daughter, lovely home resort, enjoy all your planning

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List