Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Jan 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

DVC rental question

We’re renting points for our upcoming trip, I understand the towel and trash at 4 days, but if I ask for extra soap/coffee before the 4 days will that affect the dvc member we’re renting from?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
We’re renting points for our upcoming trip, I understand the towel and trash at 4 days, but if I ask for extra soap/coffee before the 4 days will that affect the dvc member we’re renting from?
In theory you shouldn’t really be given it...
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
In theory you shouldn’t really be given it...
Thanks Karen, I shan’t ask for any extras then, we’re at OKW first paying cash I’ll try and squirrel away some extras there x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think if you do ask they’ll charge you for them. Best bet, if you have a car, is to just buy supplies at Target / Walmart. If not bring some over in your luggage.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd agree, if renting don't ask for this as it may be charged to the member.
Old 25 Jan 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I can’t find the official page at the moment but they do supply additional towel and coffee packs. I think it was $6 for the towel pack and $3 for the coffee pack, but not everyone who requests this gets charged!
This shouldn’t affect the person you’re renting from. I’ll try to find the link to the right page later.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry YorkshireT! From what I’d read it was the renter that was charged, not the owner? I’ll have to find the page again. :-)
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I'd agree, if renting don't ask for this as it may be charged to the member.
Thanks YT, this is why I thought I would ask, wouldn’t want any issues for the Dvc member x
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

They supply a couple of days worth of coffee. We take some coffee filters with us and buy some while we are there. I think they sell coffee in the resort shop if you can’t get offsite
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Finally found it! If you select the resort, then the amenities tab you can scroll down to this:

“Pay As You Play

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
2 Bathrobes: $6
Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry”

Edited to add: These options are shown under the laundry and housekeeping section and are shown when not logged in as a member, so I would assume this is accessible to all?

Edited at 09:48 PM.