Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jan 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Norwegian Cruise Line - What to expect?

Morning all,

At the end of our Australia trip at the end of the year, we have booked an 11 night cruise around New Zealand with NCL.

We have never cruised before, so this will be a new experience for us.

Has anyone cruised with NCL in the past?

We have the 'All Inclusive' option, so spirits, house wine, soft drinks and tea and coffee are included (but not premium spirits, cocktails and cappuccinos, etc). If you wanted a 'premium' drink, do you pay full price for it or do you pay the difference?

If you have any advice, tips or recommendations, I would really appreciate hearing them.

TIA.

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Hi, you will pay the full menu price, there was so much to choose from we didn't ever pay for any extra's
Old 29 Jan 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have sailed on them, twice on the jade and once on the Epic and we have the star booked for this summer. We find them ok, we prefer RCL and of course Disney but NCL have a bigger variety of interesting itineraries and that is what we mainly go for.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Also we have always found the drinks included in the Drinks package very extensive, my husband challenged himself to try all of the whiskeys last time and couldn’t manage it 🤣
We had the free drinks package last time though and this will be our first time AI but I believe it’s the same.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love them … been on Getaway x 3 and Epic x 2 ...my preferred cruise liner ...doing Marella next month we shall see ...Done MSC not for me
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
Love them … been on Getaway x 3 and Epic x 2 ...my preferred cruise liner ...doing Marella next month we shall see ...Done MSC not for me
Surprised about MSC? A Dibber is currently on an MSC cruise and the pics on FB look fab.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Surprised about MSC? A Dibber is currently on an MSC cruise and the pics on FB look fab.
My bil wasn’t keen either, said the ship was amazing but food wasn’t great and they didn’t like other things about them. They did say they would go again if it was a bargain but wouldn’t be their first choice.
Old 30 Jan 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
My bil wasn’t keen either, said the ship was amazing but food wasn’t great and they didn’t like other things about them. They did say they would go again if it was a bargain but wouldn’t be their first choice.
Ah ok. Cloverlady is currently doing a Med cruise with them, and as I said, the pics look amazing.
Will be good to hear her overall thoughts when she’s back, but it sounds like they’re having a great time.
We’ve only cruised with RC so far, P&O is next. I’d like to try different lines including Norwegian in the future.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Ah ok. Cloverlady is currently doing a Med cruise with them, and as I said, the pics look amazing.
Will be good to hear her overall thoughts when she’s back, but it sounds like they’re having a great time.
We’ve only cruised with RC so far, P&O is next. I’d like to try different lines including Norwegian in the future.
We have sailed with RCL, Norwegian and Disney but do fancy trying celebrity in the future, especially once it’s just the 2 of us.
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We love NCL! We've been on the Epic and the Escape. The food is great, loads of stuff to do on board and the entertainment is fantastic. We would go on them again in a heartbeat but the prices seem to have skyrocketed since they introduced AI.

When we were last on them (Oct 2017) we had the drinks package included as a free perk (so not the AI scheme). If you wanted anything above $15 you just paid the difference although I can't say for sure if thats still the same for AI. We never picked anything over $15 anyway. Which ship are you on?

Just to add to the MSC debate we really don't like them. The new ships are stunning but everything else is bad. We've done 5 cruises on 4 different lines and would put MSC waaaay at the bottom of the list. Not saying that's the experience of the dibber on there now but that was ours.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List