Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jan 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
elrao
Gone all Goofy

Disneyland Hotel v Newport Bay

Booking a trip for 5 for this October, the only real options "on-site" are Disneyland hotel and Newport Bay.

Newport Bay is about £700/night and that includes the plus meal plan for 5 people. £800/night for the Compass Club.

Disneyland Hotel is about £1200/night, with the premium mean plan (which works out about £100/day more for the 5 of us).

We do plan on eating at Inventions and probably doing the wild west show, so those would be included with the premium plan at DLH, surcharge if we stay at NPB.

I know the main hotel is obviously very close (we stayed there 7 years ago, when we were a family of 3); but can't quite see why it is THAT much more expensive?

Also not sure what the compass club really gives us, as breakfast is included with the meal plan anyway, so one free fast pass per day?

Edited at 08:22 PM.
elrao is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I only have one thing I can help you with a little, a new thing Disney have brought in is that you can book buffalo bills using the plus plan, but only 9:30pm sittings.

Oh, plus I think hotel Santa Fe has family rooms, that would be standard dining. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
elrao
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thanks, unfortunately 930pm is going to be too late for us (youngest will be 3). I get 20% off with my shareholders club, so I'd actually prefer a deal with no meal plan, the go for columbus club for "free" breakfast.

Santa Fe not coming up as an option. None of the family rooms come up on Expedia etc either.
elrao is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by elrao View Post
Thanks, unfortunately 930pm is going to be too late for us (youngest will be 3). I get 20% off with my shareholders club, so I'd actually prefer a deal with no meal plan, the go for columbus club for "free" breakfast.

Santa Fe not coming up as an option. None of the family rooms come up on Expedia etc either.
Ooh! Try the French website, they have 35% off, and free under 12s, I believe. I think someone was saying they only have dates up until end of September at the moment, though. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
elrao
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
Ooh! Try the French website, they have 35% off, and free under 12s, I believe. I think someone was saying they only have dates up until end of September at the moment, though. Xx
Yeah, that was me! 😂
Old 30 Jan 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by elrao View Post
Yeah, that was me! 😂
Lol! Xx
Old 31 Jan 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Skye2018
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

We booked interconnected rooms at the Cheyenne for the 5 of us in December. We got the French 35%/free kids offer and it worked out cheapest for us. I did it as two bookings (1 adult, 1 child, then 1 adult, 2 children). When I did the second one it asked me for the first ref number and joined the two bookings. We just kept the interconnecting doors open and the kids slept in one side while we slept in the other. Was nice to have a bit of space to walk about, be noisy etc after they were in bed at night.
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
elrao
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

We've had interconnecting rooms in a number of places, but we've always been able to book them as interconnecting rooms, so it's guaranteed.
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed Compass Club at the Newport Bay last November, your room will be on of the Compass Club floors and will include some extra amenities, you will have a private concierge for check in or queries from early morning to around 10pm, there is a separate lounge for Breakfast (which I believe has a greater variety of options but not 100% sure on that), you will get one fastpass per day that you can use on anything with a fastpass queue except for a few hours over lunch time, there's cake and snacks served in the lounge late afternoon if you are planning a rest break before evening activities and you can access the lounge from early morning to around 10pm I think it was for free drinks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List