Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Feb 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Best thing is to get rid of the stupid can only book so many FPs
I didn’t know that stupid people can only book so many fast passes.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
At present if you cancel after 60 days you still retain the fastpasses , that is what is changing . You cancel the booking you loose the fastpasses from the system .the op is confusing the matter . The6 are gearing up for Star Wars .

Disney cannot stop fastpasses on 1 night stays as many Americans do this as they don’t have leave entitlement like we do .
They could restrict it to two days though in the future.
Yes I understand that that’s why I said they can’t stop throwaway bookings . They can stop the silly book in advance FP system nothing to do with how many days you stay for. They won’t. I suspect in time they’ll start charging for guaranteed fastpasses
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
They could make it so you can only book at 60 days for you onsite part of your Hol. so if booking for 1 night then arrival day and check out day then all other days should then be at 30 days out rather than it is currently where you can book them on a rolling 60 day period.
This is exactly how it should be, and hopefully will be soon.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

They could make it so you can only book at 60 days for you onsite part of your Hol. so if booking for 1 night then arrival day and check out day then all other days should then be at 30 days out rather than it is currently where you can book them on a rolling 60 day period.
Touring Plans chat site is reporting this is changing too at the same time. To be honest, my throwaway booking is still worth it for the value of parking and magic bands
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

That's already happening. My boss is spending 10 nights on site and 4 off site and he was only able to book the on site part at 60 days. He wasn't able to book the off site part on a 60 day rolling basis, only at 30 days out.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
That's already happening. My boss is spending 10 nights on site and 4 off site and he was only able to book the on site part at 60 days. He wasn't able to book the off site part on a 60 day rolling basis, only at 30 days out.
I'm sure I've said this before, but your boss is honestly the only person I've ever heard of who has tried to book at 60 days on a rolling daily basis for an offsite stay following an onsite stay, and wasn't able to do so.

Disney staff will always, and have always, said when you ask them, that its only 60 days for FPs if you are staying onsite - but thats not the way MDE has worked for years, we'll have to wait and see what happens from next week.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I'm sure I've said this before, but your boss is honestly the only person I've ever heard of who has tried to book at 60 days on a rolling daily basis for an offsite stay following an onsite stay, and wasn't able to do so.

Disney staff will always, and have always, said when you ask them, that its only 60 days for FPs if you are staying onsite - but thats not the way MDE has worked for years, we'll have to wait and see what happens from next week.
I'm only saying what he told me. And don't forget only a tiny percentage of WDW visitors come on here or know people on here. What about the millions who don't - who's to say that they're not in the same position as my boss? That's the thing about forums - thee tends to be an element of 'we are everything' on it at times. People not on them don't appear to exist.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

If I'm honest, I don't really get why people get so het up about the rolling 60 day thing. Speaking as someone who stays onsite, I don't see it as unfair in any way. The biggest advantage for longer onsite stays is the duration of stay bit, meaning that you can book fast passes at 61, 62, 63... up to 74 days in advance. By 60 days in advance of a particular date, those staying longer term onsite will already have booked their fast passes (because they did it at 74 days, or 73 days, or... ) By allowing the rolling 60 day booking Disney is giving an advantage to those who have given them *some* money for a one or two night stay, over those who have not booked any time in a Disney hotel (who have to wait until 30 days).

That's not to say they won't stop it, particularly if they are wanting to encourage only longer visits, but personally I think it is in Disney's interests to encourage single night stays to fill up all of the "odd" space in their hotel inventory where longer stays do not mesh together to keep rooms fully occupied.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve just booked our fast passes for our 10 night stay (AKL). Could only book fast passes for the full 10 nights stay. Not the last 4 days. I just thought that’s how it was always done.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We’ve just booked our fast passes for our 10 night stay (AKL). Could only book fast passes for the full 10 nights stay. Not the last 4 days. I just thought that’s how it was always done.
To book the off-site fastpasses, you need to wait until 60 days before your first off-site day. So, not the day you check out as you'll already have been able to book that, but 60 days from the day after you check out. From then you should be able to book your off-site fastpasses on a daily rolling basis.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List