Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Feb 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I'm surprised Disney allowed people to retain fastpasses if the hotel reservation was cancelled in the first place.

Good that they are closing the loophole IMO and those genuinely staying onsite get the benefits they are paying a premium for .

From what I read on another thread this tactic was widely used by Americans, so not sure how many UK travellers were trying it on, but I'm sure some were.

And as YorkshireT mentions they'll tighten up on other things, although that isn't always a bad thing for those who are genuinely entitled (if you're still entitled you shouldn't lose out).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
I booked all of the 10 days worth on 25th January, and I’ve just been on again to check. I still can’t book any after our day of check out. So still only the 10 days, even a week after fastpass booking opened.
If you booked your 10 days worth on 25th Jan, then you'll have to wait until 5th February (tomorrow as I write this) to book your offsite days. This will be 60 days before your offsite days.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
I'm surprised Disney allowed people to retain fastpasses if the hotel reservation was cancelled in the first place.
Not only did they retain their fastpasses after cancellation, American people also retained the MagicBands sent to them. Disney send the MagicBands out to US guests about 10 days before their stay. If the guest then cancelled their hotel booking a week later (i.e. 3 days before check-in), they got to keep their MagicBands for free.

Getting something for free is something Disney doesn't like. Hence I can understand why Disney closed the cancellation loophole. And, like you, I'm surprised it took them this long to close it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Not only did they retain their fastpasses after cancellation, American people also retained the MagicBands sent to them. Disney send the MagicBands out to US guests about 10 days before their stay. If the guest then cancelled their hotel booking a week later (i.e. 3 days before check-in), they got to keep their MagicBands for free.

Getting something for free is something Disney doesn't like. Hence I can understand why Disney closed the cancellation loophole. And, like you, I'm surprised it took them this long to close it.
Wow , sadly there are always those who will try to exploit things for their own gain.

Glad they’ve closed it
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Other common scams such as the DAS pass, rider swap and even the service dog scams could all result in tougher rules, then the genuine suffer.
Sad.
Surely though, the genuine shouldn't suffer if the rules are tightened. Either they are genuine (so will stay within the "new" rules) or they are not genuine and shouldn't be getting the passes anyway.
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Holidayfanatic
Gone all Goofy

I have booked the campsite for one night. I got the rolling 60 day fast passes. I have checked in to the campsite using MDE - fast passes have been delivered to a fairytale shopper. I won’t be cancelling my booking (ie I intend to pay) but I don’t intend to physically stay or visit the campsite, I wish to go directly to theme park. Will the parking be on my linked magic bands? Or am I overlooking something?
Holidayfanatic is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

yes parking will be on the bands , we did this last summer.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
They could make it so you can only book at 60 days for you onsite part of your Hol. so if booking for 1 night then arrival day and check out day then all other days should then be at 30 days out rather than it is currently where you can book them on a rolling 60 day period.
I actually thought this was how it worked, you stay for 5 nights, you get 6 days of fast passes from the 60 day window, why get more as that's the perk of staying on site etc..
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel's View Post
I actually thought this was how it worked, you stay for 5 nights, you get 6 days of fast passes from the 60 day window, why get more as that's the perk of staying on site etc..
This was how it worked... so you could book all days onsite from 60 days from check-in, but then thereafter it would be on a rolling 60 day basis as opposed to 30 days which it should be for off-site guests.

Anyhow, I understand this has all changed from yesterday and is in fact 30 days only for your offsite part!
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
This was how it worked... so you could book all days onsite from 60 days from check-in, but then thereafter it would be on a rolling 60 day basis as opposed to 30 days which it should be for off-site guests.

Anyhow, I understand this has all changed from yesterday and is in fact 30 days only for your offsite part!
That's what I don't get either, if your on holiday in a Disney resort, why would you then have an offsite part,
split stays I get, half at Disney & half at universal/villa but cheating the system should be stomped out. I didn't even know for many many years of booking ADRs before the charging thing for no shows that people would be booking more than one restaurant for the same time as they couldn't make up there mind,
No Way, I made up itinerary's for many years where we knew where we would be at & booked that restaurant, would never ever cross my mind to book more than one to just show up to what ever I fancied that day, no wonder it was hard getting that hard to get ADR, lol
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List