Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 5 Feb 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Pre-pregnancy group (long post)

Some of you may have seen my posts about children, wanting children, worrying about it not happening etc etc and I know some of you are in the same or similar situations.

So rather than keep going on about this stuff in the general chat thread and boring people with it who aren't interested I thought I'd create a single thread for anyone wanting to talk about these things. I know it helps me to talk to like minded people. If anyone wishes to contribute and just be among others going through similar stuff please feel free to post on here.

If you've not seen my posts i'll give a generalisation (if I can) of where im at...

Spent a long time in a relationship that wasn't going anywhere (this is no longer the case and im now in an amazing, loving relationship with the man I want to marry and have children with.

In the past I had a test done after years of feeling something wasn't right. Test came back that I had a very low egg reserve.

I was advise by Drs that if I wanted a family I should start trying straight away and if nothing had happened within 6 months to go back to Drs. Ex partner was disinterested as he still wasn't ready (we'd been together 12 ish years at that point and still nowhere near ready)

Another year or so later he agreed, on Drs recommendation that I come off all contraception to let my body get back to something close to normal.
18 months later, still nothing but we never 'tried' in that time. He took measures to avoid getting pregnant and I was just happy to not have any more unnatural hormone ruining stuff in my body.

Eventually we split and it was a really rough time when I was terrified I might not be doing the right thing.

But now I know I did as I couldn't ask for a more loving, caring, perfect man, who looks to the future and actually wants the same things in life that I do

We actually conceived very early on in our relationship (unintended) but I miscarried between weeks 6 and 7. It wasn't meant to be

Anyway, the plan is to start trying from October this year. I have my moments where I get scared and worried about my low egg reserve but when I do I have him to reassure me and like he says, we've done it once, we can do it again. Plus, its not that long to wait until October
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Did they give you any other information about the low egg reserve apart from ttc sooner rather than later?
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by eeyoremad View Post
Did they give you any other information about the low egg reserve apart from ttc sooner rather than later?
Hi, no not really. Im actually hoping they were wrong, because my Dr back at my GP disagreed with the result.
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Hi, no not really. Im actually hoping they were wrong, because my Dr back at my GP disagreed with the result.
I think it's a really tricky thing especially as we have no idea how many of our eggs are lost each cycle before 1 makes it out of the ovary
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by eeyoremad View Post
I think it's a really tricky thing especially as we have no idea how many of our eggs are lost each cycle before 1 makes it out of the ovary
I agree, we never actually know what we have even from the start. its just a stab in the dark really. i think most people just assume they have plenty.

i think its so very difficult with cycles too as they arent all standard and i think this could be part of my result previously and why my doctor may have disagreed. ive got an idea that i was tested at the wrong time in my cycle.

I suppose we'll see
Old 7 Feb 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I saw your posts before, and definitely think the right thing to do is relax, and come off the pill if its not agreeing with you, Its Feb now, and it will be Oct before you know it, I defo wouldn't get an implant or Mirena at this stage.

I get married in 6 weeks, but unfortunately we're not in a position to start trying yet (we're 34 and 36).

I'm fortunate in that I'm an accountant so do earn a good salary, but OH is self employed and probably takes home about a third compared to me. I'm on a Fixed term contract which is ending this year.

If I'm not careful, I'll end up not even getting statutory pay. I think Statutory we could manage on, as the 90% for 6 weeks would be a time where we will likely not be leaving the house much, then £145 a week after up to 9 months will be tough, but probably workable as I'm good with a budget, I'm always saving for something.

So I'm just going to concentrate on looking for a perm job now and see how I get on. I'm lucky in that my contract here has been extended from May to July, so I do have time, but I'm actively searching now as jobs at my level and chosen location are like hens teeth!

I think going off with no mat pay at all would worry me, as who knows when I'd find something after.

Anyway I think things often have a way of working themselves out..
Old 8 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for your reply. Im definitely coming off this pill and really hoping that i start to feel better as i think its that thats making me so emotional!
But i will be having the implant back in as ive got no choice but to wait till October. Doc says this is a good idea and knows i want to start trying then.

Congratulations on your wedding and good luck for the day.

Once yo have sorted out your job situation will you be trying?
Old 8 Feb 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie_fame
Very Serious Dibber

charlie_fame's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hey ! We have been TTC for over a year and are desperate for a baby . I had a ruptured eptopic at about 6 weeks pregnant Nov 17 and lost my Fallopian tube . I track my ovulation using an app and have recently started using an ovulation sticks. I’m trying not to stress too much but it does feel like it’s never going to happen
charlie_fame is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
Hey ! We have been TTC for over a year and are desperate for a baby . I had a ruptured eptopic at about 6 weeks pregnant Nov 17 and lost my Fallopian tube . I track my ovulation using an app and have recently started using an ovulation sticks. I’m trying not to stress too much but it does feel like it’s never going to happen
I’m so sorry it hadn’t happened for you yet? My friend who was trying for a while found it happened quite quick after the sticks, so fingers crossed for you x
Old 8 Feb 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Thanks for your reply. Im definitely coming off this pill and really hoping that i start to feel better as i think its that thats making me so emotional!
But i will be having the implant back in as ive got no choice but to wait till October. Doc says this is a good idea and knows i want to start trying then.

Congratulations on your wedding and good luck for the day.

Once yo have sorted out your job situation will you be trying?
I’ll come off the pill a bit later in the year, my pill suits me down to the ground but I do want it out of my system before trying, so if I have a job i’ll prob come off that in August.
We are going on our honeymoon for a week in Oct, it’s the only holiday we will have been on, and could well be the only one for a very long time, so I would really like to enjoy it, it’s only a week but I would rather not be very pregnant, plus it’s a cruise so they might not take me if i’m too far gone.
I didn’t get on with my implant at all. And I still have a scar, I bled for ages after and took months to normalise, so that defo wouldn’t be for me. But i’m happy to use non hormonal methods for a while