Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 6 Feb 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
People who talk, why talk if you want to watch the film. Go into a Coffee bar and chat away, there was a man who laughed all the way through the Queen movie. I think he was special needs so I didn’t say anything but it was so distracting. One lady let her toddler run up and down in front of the cinema, a staff member came in and asked her to leave. The prices of the food are ridiculous, we eat beforehand and dd gets some sweets from wilko. The staff Are very slow and there are long queues, my son couldn’t get a job at our local cineworld but he could do a lot better than some of the staff.
Old 6 Feb 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
Some people are easily annoyed.
The problem is it’s very expensive to go to the cinema now and for me, people flashing their phones is a real distraction that pulls me out of the film and it is annoying and stressful.

☺️
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
Some people are easily annoyed.
No, some people are incredibly inconsiderate and lack any awareness of how their actions impact on other people's enjoyment of the film they have paid to see.
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by braby View Post
Paying £60 to for 4 of us to get in then another £20 on 4 drinks and sweets!
where is this ! 15 quid each...

our local vue £4.99 every day ! they add a 75p booking fee which annoys me

poundland for some sweets / pop

sorted
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Our vue is 4.99 but our showcase one is 15 pound I now go to vue
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

In May last year we were in Orlando and went to see the Avengers film in Posner Park one evening. Sitting comfortably when in walks a couple with a toddler and a young baby. Where did they sit...yep right behind us. Wasn't too bad until the end of the film when the baby started crying. Can't understand what they would have got out of paying good money to see the film with little uns in tow...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

When you go to autism friendly screenings a trip to the cinema child free with the odd rustling screen wrapper, hand diving in popcorn tub or a bit of quiet chat is luxury lol... We go to autism friendly screenings sometimes and they are loud, lots of sweets rustling, lots of chatter and people moving about... After so long 've just got used to it lol 😂😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Our Vue is £5.74 and 1hour away, our Cineworld is £10.40 and 12 minutes. My time is more valuable...

I am annoyed by people. Inconsiderate people. Phones, talking, kicking, rustling, socked feet on MY armrest etc.

But we did have a bit of a spooky experience in Florida - we went to the cinema at pointe orlando and watched Blade (scary vampire film with lots of jump moments!) - in a 450 seat theatre with 2 other people.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
where is this ! 15 quid each...

our local vue £4.99 every day ! they add a 75p booking fee which annoys me

poundland for some sweets / pop

sorted
Our Vue is £4.99 all day too, only time I go to cineworld is if someone else is paying lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

My children annoy me at the cinema because they keep waking me up saying I'm an embarrassment. That said they are older now so I don't go with them.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List