Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Good luck with the application. I have carried out a lot of interviews and value volunteer work as much as paid work. You will be great.
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
Ive recently gone back to work after 7 years. I started as an xmas temp and they kept me on.

The manager was fine with my gap in employment, assuming that being of a certain age I had been off with my children. He also has kids so was fully understanding.

It was a great step back into work. Will I stay there forever? I doubt it but I do enjoy it and it will be good for moving on to future jobs.
It’s good to hear that you are enjoying your new job. I think I’m stressing a little over whether I will enjoy it, even though I currently work in the same capacity as a volunteer.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Go for it and good luck.

I didn't have as long a career break, it was about 4 years but I'd left because of stress and had lost all my confidence.

I was a teacher and first went back as a teaching assistant. I then went for a maternity cover as a teacher, got it and have recently got a full time, permanent job as Head of Department in the same school. I'm now at a similar level professionally to when I had my girls 16 years ago but far more experienced and a better teacher for it.

At each stage I thought, "they won't want me"..."I'm not good enough"... "I've had too long out"... etc. but that's proven to not be the case.

My advice would be to show what you can do, be confident and proud and don't be apologetic. You've got a lot to offer and they will be lucky to have you.
Old 9 Feb 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Go for it and good luck.

I didn't have as long a career break, it was about 4 years but I'd left because of stress and had lost all my confidence.

I was a teacher and first went back as a teaching assistant. I then went for a maternity cover as a teacher, got it and have recently got a full time, permanent job as Head of Department in the same school. I'm now at a similar level professionally to when I had my girls 16 years ago but far more experienced and a better teacher for it.

At each stage I thought, "they won't want me"..."I'm not good enough"... "I've had too long out"... etc. but that's proven to not be the case.

My advice would be to show what you can do, be confident and proud and don't be apologetic. You've got a lot to offer and they will be lucky to have you.
Thank you, it’s good to hear from other parents who have returned after having breaks to look after children. It helps me realise it can be done 😀

I was going to send the application yesterday but my DD was ill and we spent the day at hospital as she had suspected appendicitis. Thankfully they decided it wasn’t her appendix and she is feeling a little better today.

I have gone over my application and tweaked it today and I’m very pleased with it, it sounds confident and I have drawn attention to the fact that I currently do a lot of the requirements needed in my voluntary role. So, I emailed it for consideration this afternoon and feel pleased that I have applied. I know I won’t hear anything this week as closing date is next Friday.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Feel excited and slightly sick at the same time 😂 I have an interview on 5 March. They just rang and said I had put in a very strong application and offered me an interview. The interview is for 3.30pm and will be conducted by the team leader and another benefit adviser. I know them both slightly but I think they have chosen the adviser I know the least (probably for that reason)

It’s a long time to wait still but thankfully it’s half term here next week so DD will be home from college to help distract me from worrying too much. Although I should probably do some research on interview questions as I am so out of practice 😀

Thanks again for all the support to get this far. I don’t know if I would have got through the application form without the moral support 😀
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Fantastic news, good luck

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yay, congratulations on your interview. Best of luck.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant news and a positive that they said you had put in a strong application
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
Brilliant news and a positive that they said you had put in a strong application
Yes, I thought that was a positive, although I guess all the interviewees must have put in a strong application too. I am happy to get this far though, it’s a good confidence boost
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

What fab news! Let us know how it goes!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List