Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Feb 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm hoping to get a later fast pass for FOP and blitz the rest of the park for the first 2 hrs- Then relaxing air con lunch at Tuskers before FOP.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you're eligible for EMH, that means you can also book FPs at 60 days out. They're not as difficult to get at 60 days now, I had a full choice of times at 60+4 and could have gotten them on 60+2 but it was later than I wanted (2pm IIRC) as I'm only going to AK in the morning that day.

So I would FP FOP and use EMH for the other rides. But if you can't get a FP for some reason, it's worth using EMH but you need to be there early (i.e. up to an hour before EMH starts) to be towards the front of the queue, as others have mentioned.

Edited at 10:31 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

We arrived at AK this morning to do an early morning safari, it was magic hours this morning, by 8.45 it was at 240 minutes
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I have waited in Line at EMH a couple of times and never waited more than an hour, once the Q started over the bridge near Africa

I do love this ride.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

I’m a strong believer that EMH should be a time to do things that are walk ons that will get busy later on and I don’t really care to queue for. And have FP’s for mid morning to get on the rides, like FOP, that are busy regardless.

So at DAK I’d be using EMH to do an early morning safari and then walk round to Everest.

It’s a holiday and I’m not waking up at 6am to be at DAK an hour before EMH even starts...to then power walk towards FOP, get trampled and still have to wait in line for an hour. That doesn’t sound like fun to me. Regardless of how AMAZING FOP is. DAK is full of other fabulous rides and first thing in the morning is the perfect time to see the animals too.

Edited at 01:10 PM.
adreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by adreamisawish View Post
I’m a strong believer that EMH should be a time to do things that are walk ons that will get busy later on and I don’t really care to queue for. And have FP’s for mid morning to get on the rides, like FOP, that are busy regardless.

So at DAK I’d be using EMH to do an early morning safari and then walk round to Everest.

It’s a holiday and I’m not waking up at 6am to be at DAK an hour before EMH even starts...to then power walk towards FOP, get trampled and still have to wait in line for an hour. That doesn’t sound like fun to me. Regardless of how AMAZING FOP is. DAK is full of other fabulous rides and first thing in the morning is the perfect time to see the animals too.
I didn't think the safari was open during EMH?

My mistake. It is open, I must have missed it when I checked out this page https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Ext...ours-p-76.html

Edited at 02:27 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I didn't think the safari was open during EMH?

My mistake. It is open, I must have missed it when I checked out this page https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Ext...ours-p-76.html
It's a "subject to availability" attraction during EMH. So more than likely depends on the park hours and whether they were able to load in the animals in time. If it's an 8am EMH rather than 7am, it should be open.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Am I right in thinking that the FP window opens up at 7am here in the UK? That might make a difference to us. We have been trying to get FOP at 60 days out but haven't been going on the laptop until the evening.

Thanks,
MrsG1973
MrsG1973 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneynanny
Earning My Ears

No sorry, it doesn't open to 12 midday. I used to log on during my lunch hour at 12:30 and managed to get most of what we wanted at 60 days. Not Slinky Dog though
Disneynanny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Thank you, that's great. I'll try at 12 tomorrow (and every day after!)
MrsG1973
MrsG1973 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List