Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Feb 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon1006
Proud to wear my Ears

Villa resorts with facilities

Hi All,

I know this must have been asked numerous times! However I cant seem to find the detail in the forum with quick search...

What other resorts are there similar to Windsor Hills and Paradise Palms, as in communial pool/cinema/gym etc onsite.

Please let me know any others as I'm interested in booking somewhere new!
Simon1006 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AzureSky
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi, Solterra has a resort style pool with lazy river, gym, basketball, tennis courts, kids playground, cafe and activities organised at the clubhouse.
AzureSky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nail queen
Imagineer

Nail queen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
We have stayed at Paradise Palms and like this style of community too. I am currently looking at Windsor at Westside and Storey Lake which are a similar feel.

I am now off to look at Solterra aswell!
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We have booked Story Lake for September and it looks amazing!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
twinsmom
a Friend of the DIBB

We stayed in Solterra last year for 2 weeks and loved it! Spent several days in the communal pool and hours in the lazy river! Tiki bar is open and has some good options as well for those days you don't want to leave the pool! Champions Gate has great communal areas as well including a lazy river and kids splash area, and 2 pools. When we were there you could rent cabanas on Wednesday's for $99 and it was amazing! Came with a bathroom, fridge and TV plus air conditioning which was great for getting the kids out of the heat. Storey Lake, Windsor at Westside also look fantastic but we haven't been...
twinsmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DeniseC
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Watersong has a clubhouse with pool & hot tub, kiddies play area, volleyball, table tennis, putting green and Internet cafe. Just started Zumba classes and had food trucks visit while we were there in Dec/Jan.
DeniseC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at The Retreat on Champions Gate for our wedding in 2017 and the communal areas were superb. Pool with lazy river, slides, splash pool for kids and adult pool, gym, cinema room etc. Brilliant.

For this year we’re at Storey Lake which looks very similar and I can’t wait to get there in August!
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

We stayed at Solterra last year and loved it. I don't think we will go to another villa on a resort without facilities like slides, lazy river etc now!

We are going to the Retreat at Championsgate this year, but have also looked at Lake Storey and Windsor at Westside that look lovely too.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Bit of a random one but do any of these resorts have an onsite shop? Doesn't need to be anything fancy but my boys love going for a mooch around the onsite shop when we stay in the UK or Europe. It would be nice to have somewhere to go to that doesn't mean driving.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
High Grove has a clubhouse with gym, games room, communal pool, crazy golf etc.
Has an Irish bar/eatery just outside the gates.
And shops including Cagans Crossings and Walmart around 0.6 of a mile away.
I take it that would involve driving though. To Walmart and Cagan's crossing. I'm looking for somewhere with an actual onsite (within the gated/non gated community). The shop doesn't need to be anything spectacular. Think hotel shop style. Is there anywhere with something like that?
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List