Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Feb 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I've really enjoyed reading it. I would love to be able to visit to see all the festive things but I don't think the dates will ever work out for us. It is nice to be able to see everything in your trip report.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Sorry it has taken me a while to reply real. life got in the way.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm so grateful you took the time to write up your full trip report, it was fascinating reading how you navigated the Christmas crowds, you really made it seem so easy, and I loved reading about all the special events etc on offer during the holidays.

Have a fabulous time at Universal, it will be here before you know it!

Thank you again for sharing, I am so sad it is over.
Thanks for reading and for all your lovely comments. I hope my experience with Christmas helps you think about your potential thanksgiving trip, I think you'd be fine at a really busy time.

Really looking forward to Universal, 6 weeks to go !

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Thank you for sharing. Really enjoying reading your reports and your general input on dibb😊😊
Thanks Minnie Mum, what a lovely compliment.

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Thanks again for sharing your trip report. And lucky you with two more trips planned, it must help to manage the post holiday blues knowing you've got other things coming up.
You are more than welcome, thanks for reading and commenting. I'm making the most of this year as dh says he needs a year off next year.

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
Thanks for your report, really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for reading
Old 23 Feb 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report, we normally head to Florida in the summer holidays so it was really interesting reading a report that covered the festive period.
I have to say great Disney bounding outfit and many pairs of Disney ears that you have.
I loved seeing your MIL enjoy Disney and being with your DS, my parents always come with us and I have told them as they are only in their 70’s they have many more trips yet to come, your MIL looked like she was having a ball the whole time.
Thanks once again for posting!
Thanks for reading, I think the ears became a bit addictive this trip.

That's nice that you enjoy holidaying with your parents, Mil stated that this would be a one off but she's got the holidy bug and I think if we were not going in Summer (she finds it too hot), she'd be booking a flight like a shot!

Originally Posted by tabbycat View Post
Loved reading your trip report, thanks for sharing
Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by Mumtotwo View Post
Really enjoyed reading your trip report, we were there over Christmas as well with my mum who is a young 85. Like you we took her on a number of rides that she loved and a couple she hated. It was a lovely experience and great to read how you got on too. Thank you for taking the time to share.
Thanks for reading, I will need to tell Mil about your Mum still going at 85. Dh won't get Christmas holidays this year, if he did she might be up for it.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Really enjoyed your trip report. I think you did so well because you planned well and knew it would be busy, so less manic than expected was a nice bonus. Lovely to see your mil enjoying everything.
Thanks for reading and the trip reports you do are always so useful.
It's easier to plan when you've been a few times, I'm not sure I would have come back saying how magical it was if perhaps it had been a first trip.
Old 23 Feb 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report, thank you for sharing
Thanks for reading and commenting.

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Really enjoyed your trip report - thanks so much for writing. Its certainly given me some ideas and tips for my upcoming trip. You are very lucky getting to go another 2 times this year! x
Thanks. Enjoy Vegas, are you planning a trip report, I'd certainly be up for reading that or even just looking at the photos.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write this. I've really enjoyed reading it. I would love to be able to visit to see all the festive things but I don't think the dates will ever work out for us. It is nice to be able to see everything in your trip report.
Thanks for reading and for all your lovely comments.

You never know, I never thought we'd do a Christmas trip.
Old 24 Feb 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

What a brilliant trip report about a fantastic holiday. Thanks for taking the time to share. Seeing all the decorations in the different places really makes me want to book a Christmas trip sometime.

Hope you have a fab time on your next two trips
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
What a brilliant trip report about a fantastic holiday. Thanks for taking the time to share. Seeing all the decorations in the different places really makes me want to book a Christmas trip sometime.

Hope you have a fab time on your next two trips
Thanks for reading. I’d totally recommend a Christmas trip.

I see you have a Disney cruise coming up, that’s something else on my bucket list. Would love to hear how you find it.
Old 27 Feb 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Really great trip report, definitely adding poptarts at woody's to my must try snack list

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by The Duchess View Post
Really great trip report, definitely adding poptarts at woody's to my must try snack list
Thank you for reading.

The pop tarts are really nice. Is it bad I have them down for a snack for every visit to HS in the summer.
Old 5 Mar 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Magicsky
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you for absolutely lovely trip reports. Thoroughly enjoyed. I especially liked your part about the contemporary. We are staying there in July as part of our trip but it's a complete surprise for the children. We've booked a baylake view, but we are considering a theme park view for that wow factor. Loved your pictures. Best Wishes to you and your family. X
Magicsky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Magicsky View Post
Thank you for absolutely lovely trip reports. Thoroughly enjoyed. I especially liked your part about the contemporary. We are staying there in July as part of our trip but it's a complete surprise for the children. We've booked a baylake view, but we are considering a theme park view for that wow factor. Loved your pictures. Best Wishes to you and your family. X
Magicsky thank you for reading and for your lovely comments.

I adored the contemporary, we all did. It’s so compact inside with good food options, the staff were lovely, the location was amazing and the views were breathtaking.

I’d be more than happy with a bay lake view. You’d have a gorgeous view and you’d see the electrical water pageant too. The theme park view was super, I don’t know what the cost difference was though as it was only tpv available when I booked for Christmas. Depends maybe how many nights you’d be in the room for the fireworks.

We will just have to settle for our California Grill brunch visit as we are at POFQ in July. Might see you there.