Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: Is there life after death?
I believe there is life after death 171 36.93%
I don't believe there is life after death 180 38.88%
I am undecided either way 112 24.19%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Feb 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

No. The concept of eternal after life with loved ones is societies inability to accept our own mortality. It is rather arrogant to think we are so important we live on forever.

I have accepted I am here for a short period, and am at peace with that.
Of course when I lose a loved one, mainly a pet, I wish there were an after life where we would all meet up again and run through the fields. But I know that’s just a nice thought to get me through a tough time.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
Having just lost my Dad, I really hope so... the pain is incredible but eased by the fact I may see him again x
It will get better, nearly 10 months since my mum died. It was the worst time of my life, I can now think about her last week with us without bursting into tears! They say time is a great healer and it is true, stay strong xxx
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

nope, it will be like when you switch off anything, you won't know. After nearly being killed several years ago, just enjoy that you are here.
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tigerfee View Post
I believe there is, I believe God sent his son Jesus to die for our sin. I believe there is a heaven, where I'll live one day, with no pain suffering hunger or disease. I'm looking forward to seeing my loved ones again and I get a lot of comfort from knowing "this" is not all there is
I believe exactly this too xx
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

I voted no, but one of my friends is a medium. Known him for years since we were teens. Always a “normal” bloke- drank, smoked etc. Came and told us on day he had seen the dead for years and that we are all on a journey. He said there are ten levels of spirit, and the things you do in life determine where you end up when you die. Everyone needs to discover there spiritual side. We all laughed to be fair.

As he got more into it, things got stranger. One day we were put having a few drinks and he says “your very lucky you know. You have two guardian angels looking after you- most only have one” eyes went to the back of his head, he took a breath and said “ones your older sister and she’s with you all the time. The other one changes but the one who is with you now is telling me the letter H”. I’d never had a sister and had never known any one who began with the letter H. We left it at that.

Went to my mums for dinner next day and told her- turns out my mum had a girl before I was born that I’d never known about but didn’t know anybody beginning with H. My Dad the most nonsense proof man you’ll ever meet, was white as a sheet. Turns out his grandad, who I’d never met, was called Harry and he used to call him H!

He’s told us loads since the, all of which has turned out right or very close to the truth. Spooky stuff- but I’m still a no!
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I believe that in a past life I was a medium, but in this one I eat too much and I’m now a large.

Edited at 11:28 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

to paraphrase stephen patrick morrisey

you are born and then you live and then you die.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
No. The concept of eternal after life with loved ones is societies inability to accept our own mortality. It is rather arrogant to think we are so important we live on forever.

I have accepted I am here for a short period, and am at peace with that.
Of course when I lose a loved one, mainly a pet, I wish there were an after life where we would all meet up again and run through the fields. But I know that’s just a nice thought to get me through a tough time.
I’m an undecided - but to quote you back is it also very arrogant of us to think that we know everything that there is to know - there is so much atm we don’t know and can’t explain - thing is we have been mainly bought up in the era of scientific revolution and that the only things that are real are the things that we can see and feel - despite the fact that some of our most known scientists (Newton) were very religious and believed that science and religion are not incompatable

Despite this - I am undecided but hope one day to experience something that will let me know
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m undecided.

I always thought nope when you’re gone you’re gone but I once saw a medium. My Mum took me when I was having a tough time with my divorce 5 years ago. I was there when she made the appointment and she rang this lady and asked for an appointment - she said come in 20 minutes, she did not even take our names,

We turned up she grabbed my wrist and pulled me in to a room and just started talking. She didn’t ask my name anything. In that 30 minutes she told me all about my Grandma, my Grandad, my Dad who died when I was two. She said you have two people always with you, your Grandma and your sister. My Mum lost one twin during her pregnancy with my brother, she told me how she moves between us depending on who needs her more at the time.
She gave me the initials of all these people and my ex husbands initials and said you’re having a tough time with him right now, I don’t know what’s the matter with him but it will pass, she was right we were almost friends again before he sadly died last year.
Believe me when I know she had no way of knowing any of this stuff. There was one thing I couldn’t get which was when she kept saying a road name - when I relayed this to my Mum she gasped as it was the road her Mum grew up on.
At the end I asked how much I owed her and she said “just give me that fiver in your purse love, treat your son with the tenner” that’s the exact money I had and I’d never mentioned my son.
I hope there’s something. And I hope it’s lovely.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
There is just as much of an “afterlife” as there is a “beforelife”.

If we go somewhere after we die then it stands to reason we came from somewhere before we were conceived. And I’ll experience as much life after death as I did before birth. The afterlife is just a story we tell ourselves because we find it difficult to imagine nothing.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List