Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Feb 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hopefully Mr Morrow who does the MCO to SSR about three times a year will spot this and help.

I've never heard of "index link" I'm afraid so I don't know if it's up to date. Does it take you north exit on to 528 then I-4? We never go that way but I believe there is a toll on the 528 but you can pay cash - about $2.25 maybe

Tom - are you there?

Mick
I'm sorry I meant I've looked in the DIBB guidebook.
Airport Blvd, S. Semora Blvd, ramp to FL-528(partial toll), exit I4 to Tampa, Exit 67 towards EPCOT/DTD then merge onto EPCOT Center Drive.? Thanks for reply.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
I am sure Tom will be along shortly with expert knowledge.

Your DD will be fine, will you have a way of using your phone or having a sat nav?

The last couple of trips we've been using the 417 toll road - Memory says there are 3 or 4 cash tolls there and then I would Exit at Junction 3 onto Osceloa Packway and you will see signs for Disney from there and then Animal kingdom Lodge.

If going North 528 then onto I-4 would be your other option with a toll road as Mick says but we've fallen out of love using the I-4 as it is just so busy every-time we use it.
Thanks for reply. We've ordered SatNav to use. Last time we used one it didn't do all the new roads.
DD is panicking about it.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
I'm sorry I meant I've looked in the DIBB guidebook.
Airport Blvd, S. Semora Blvd, ramp to FL-528(partial toll), exit I4 to Tampa, Exit 67 towards EPCOT/DTD then merge onto EPCOT Center Drive.? Thanks for reply.
As most of us have said nothing to choose really between using 528/I-4 or the 417/Osceola. You have a toll either way and 417 may cost a couple of dollars more but 417 much quieter than I-4.

As it's daughter's first time driving maybe 417 a bit quieter. Has she read the DIBB guide to driving in Florida? Recently updated by Mr Morrow with a little input from me.

Mick
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I am in the same camp as Mick. 417 in my view. People like me who know short cuts etc should be ignored. It's simplicity that counts.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
As most of us have said nothing to choose really between using 528/I-4 or the 417/Osceola. You have a toll either way and 417 may cost a couple of dollars more but 417 much quieter than I-4.

As it's daughter's first time driving maybe 417 a bit quieter. Has she read the DIBB guide to driving in Florida? Recently updated by Mr Morrow with a little input from me.

Mick
She has read guide to driving that I printed off a few years back when DS was doing the driving.
Will have a look at updates though. Thankyou.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I am in the same camp as Mick. 417 in my view. People like me who know short cuts etc should be ignored. It's simplicity that counts.
417 it is then if that's the simplest way.
Thanks for replies.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
She has read guide to driving that I printed off a few years back when DS was doing the driving.
Will have a look at updates though. Thankyou.
Margaret

If she or you need any more driving help please come back on the DIBB. No such thing as a silly question on this sub-forum and most of us regular respondents are a friendly bunch.

Just to add if you look at my post #6 again leaving MCO from garage B you'll soon see the exit for 417 south. If you miss it don't stress - just drive all the way round (like a giant roundabout) and you'll get it next time

Mick

Edited at 08:37 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Margaret

If she or you need any more driving help please come back on the DIBB. No such thing as a silly question on this sub-forum and most of us regular respondents are a friendly bunch.

Just to add if you look at my post #6 again leaving MCO from garage B you'll soon see the exit for 417 south. If you miss it don't stress - just drive all the way round (like a giant roundabout) and you'll get it next time

Mick
Thanks very much Mick. I knew I could rely on you and Mr Tom for an answer. I often read your words of wisdom.
I will be copying all these replies into my notebook for DD.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

417 and then Osceola will be much easier. Osceola Parkway actually ends right at the entrance to AKL. Just tell her to make sure to stay left as she approaches Animal Kingdom. Alot of people end up going through the parking lot pay booths instead of staying on Osceola! They will let you through without paying at least.
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
417 and then Osceola will be much easier. Osceola Parkway actually ends right at the entrance to AKL. Just tell her to make sure to stay left as she approaches Animal Kingdom. Alot of people end up going through the parking lot pay booths instead of staying on Osceola! They will let you through without paying at least.
Thanks for reply. I've written down directions from the DIBB. MCO -WDW. In directions there is no mention of Osceola Parkway? (Is that just the Road that leads to AKL? I presume it comes after- "Continue onto EPCOT Center Drive?"

Wilderness Lodge 2018