Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 19 Feb 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile 4 days in Disney - need help with a plan

Hi everyone, I'm not going until November but I'm looking for advice on how to tackle Disney in only 4 days.

This will be my 6th visit but my boyfriends first and I want him to experience as much as possible & not miss out on anything.

We're staying on I drive but I've booked us 3 nights at All Star Sports near the beginning of our holiday to take advantage of EMH and 60 day fast passes. I just need some help planning these 4 days

Day 1 - taxi from I drive at around 7am to check in at ASS
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 - check out day

We won't have a car and these will be our only days visiting disney.

As there's 4 days and 4 main parks originally I was thinking just do a day in each, but we would like spend half a day at a water park too.
I'm just looking for a bit of advice on how to get the most out of our time. Is it worth visiting the park with EMH each day and then booking fast passes later in the day for a different park?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated 🙂
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I personally would skip the waterpark if I only had four days. However, if you are both sure, why not BB, get there for opening time and combine with Animal Kingdom that day which is really close by. It worked for us, booking the AK fast passes from about 4pm onwards.

Doing the morning hours makes sense, although I don't know that I would save my FPs for another park in the afternoon. I would start to book them from about 10am onwards and look to get the additional passes later on, perhaps them at another park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I don't know what your budget it, but you might want to consider either an Early Morning Magic ticket to one of the parks (MK is best bet) or Disney After Dark - if offered.

It will be tough to squeeze everything in to just 4 days, but if you can extend your days through a hard ticketed 'extra hours' event you could have some more relaxed time to enjoy more.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
I don't know what your budget it, but you might want to consider either an Early Morning Magic ticket to one of the parks (MK is best bet) or Disney After Dark - if offered.

It will be tough to squeeze everything in to just 4 days, but if you can extend your days through a hard ticketed 'extra hours' event you could have some more relaxed time to enjoy more.
Agree that is a good idea, I did Disney after Hours event a couple of weeks ago at AK. Got so much out of it that someone will have benefited from a last minute fast pass for FOP the next day as we didn't feel the need to go back right then (booked the FPs before the event).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Have a think about what kind of rides / experiences he really likes. I am planning similar for my husband, we are there longer and he isn't a Disney fan.

I would consider something like:

MK - EMH - Ride - BTM, Haunted Mansion, Pirates - FP - Jungle Cruise, Splash and Space and try and fit in Buzz, Small World, Monsters Inc, People Mover. Have a late afternoon break then visit Epcot for an extra FP and visit some of World Pavillion and Fireworks.

HS - EMH - Rock and Roller and TOT - FP some of the Toy Story and Star Wars stuff. Evening Fantasmic or Fireworks

AK - EMH Ride - Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, - FP FOP, Kali and a show over to BB in the afternoon, back to AK for seeing Pandora at night.

Epcot AM - Rope drop Soarin, Nemo etc then FP TT, Mission Space, Wander around World Showcase. EMH in MK and watch fireworks.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

As an American who can pick up really cheap flights into MCO, it is not unusual for us to do 4 day trips. We usually go one day each park, although we will hop from HS and AK. Sometimes we will skip a park or only do EMH at HS.

We always stay on site and if we go to EMH we will switch to another park because EMH parks tend to be quite crowded.

My advice to everyone, but especially on a short trip is to go early. You can get several attractions done before 10:30 or 11. Also, skip any TS meals and eat QS at odd times. We will get BOG at 1:30 for lunch. It has cleared out so you can have a lunch time conversation and lines are much shorter for drinks, etc.

What does you BF like? If he's not into shows, skip them and concentrate on rides or what he likes. Also we tend to skip the parades. It is a good time to do rides.

Also look at a map and try to plan you day. Do NOT criss cross the parks ten times. It takes a lot of time and energy.

Two trips ago, we were joined by my son and his wife and child for three park days (DDin law was still a resident and time off was hard to get). We did everything the "kids" wanted to do. My DD likes thrill rides, I don't so she took advantage of having them along. We also did a few shows and some attractions for the 11 month old.

I like short trips because I find a WDW vacation exhausting. I could not do two weeks.

I actually am thinking of a all family (my three kids and their partners/families and looking at 3 or 4 nights as a manageable amount of time.)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List