Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Ergh what a horrible thing for someone to do. What is wrong with people

I think Tinkerbell is in that group so she may have posted it herself.
Ah right okay, if that is the case though then maybe that’s how they have found out her real name? Doesn’t explain the EU group though, but people who do these things usually have no life and spend hours trawling the Internet!

Edited at 04:36 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I really hope you are right and it’s not someone from this site. Really nasty to mention your grandson and mock your illness. I have no experience of anything this but I imagine the type of person who would do this is looking for you to respond and show you are upset.

There are some real weirdos out there.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a horrible nasty thing to do to someone, whoever this is really needs to get a life and leave you alone.
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Personally - since someone is stalking you, I would remove any countdowns, any references as to when you will be away.

You are letting people know on a publicly accessible forum that your house may be empty.

If you have ever liked any of the dibb's facebook stuff, they may have come looking here etc.
Sorry this has happened to you, but I didn’t know the Dibb had a Facebook page! you live and learn x

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

How scary, and very odd. Could it be someone you know? Honestly can't understand why someone you don't know would want to do something like this - but there are some very strange people around. Maybe reporting them to facebook - they claim to be doing more to protect their users.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

if they are direct messaging you via FP then report it to them , they can identify the IP address etc of any user and look at the messages etc. They could then take action if needed. they may not be fast however and may require you to raise police report first.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Are they contacting you in 2 different places? Sounds like a right nutter, I would be tempted to just log it with 111 if they are being persistent.
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Oh no, that's awful. You've had some excellent advice here, and I have little to add other than offer my solidarity as another IBD fighter x
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Tinker bell, I feel for you, it’s horrible.
Happened to my son and his DW. They just don’t use FB anymore.

But please, please be very careful what you post on any forum, especially open ones like this one, as they can be seen by the whole world.
On this thread, before I started reading it I’d no idea of your medical condition, and someone else later posted more info that they had found about you.
So please think hard when you post, and this goes for everyone, you may feel that you are just posting to others in the group, but the reality is that its available to lots lots more.
Take care all.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

That is unacceptable behaviour, being a simple sort of guy filth like that need a good hard booting.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List