Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the thoughts... wondering if I should look at the iPhone 8 Plus, it would be so much easier for transferring my stuff to another iPhone.

Decisions decisions!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Moved to andriod in Jan and mostly like it however 2 major annoyances.

The notifications don't flash up on the phone you can't just quickly glance at them you have to push the power button, if you have multiple whatsapp it will only show you the most recent.

2nd is calendar Sync, my wife has an iphone and they just aren't compatible. She's tried using google calendar on the iphone and it's pretty basic compared to apple. So we aren't synced even though on my google calendar is says we are. I tried entering dates and appointments on my ipad and it didn't sync to the phone. I've spent dates looking up all different ways to get them to work but they just don't. I can manually sync them by sending an ical file from my ipad. and downloading it to my phone but it's clunky and I forget to do it.

Apart from that I love my Note 9 I particularly like the widgets like audible, podcasts and spotify as I can have the three widgets on the one screen great for changing when driving.

Edited at 07:34 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Moved to andriod in Jan and mostly like it however 2 major annoyances.

The notifications don't flash up on the phone you can't just quickly glance at them you have to push the power button, if you have multiple whatsapp it will only show you the most recent.

2nd is calendar Sync, my wife has an iphone and they just aren't compatible. She's tried using google calendar on the iphone and it's pretty basic compared to apple. So we aren't synced even though on my google calendar is says we are. I tried entering dates and appointments on my ipad and it didn't sync to the phone. I've spent dates looking up all different ways to get them to work but they just don't. I can manually sync them by sending an ical file from my ipad. and downloading it to my phone but it's clunky and I forget to do it.

Apart from that I love my Note 9 I particularly like the widgets like audible, podcasts and spotify as I can have the three widgets on the one screen great for changing when driving.

This is interesting. I've recently gone to the Pro 20 as I was impressed with the camera. On my old iphone my emails were perfectly synced to my laptop - if I deleted from my phone, they'd gone from the laptop and vice versa. I now can't seem to link the Pro 20 to the laptop (admitting I'm not technically minded) and its driving me insane that the emails don't delete from both
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz987
Excited about Disney

I moved from iPhone to a P20 Pro and love it. (rest of family still iPhone so i lost the cloud calendar used for appointments and itunes music)

I moved mainly for reasons of cost, battery life, screen and camera quality and sick of iPhone models not bringing much new innovation to the party IMO.

Admittedly the first 2 weeks were hard !
Im totally used to android now even if the setting menu is very full and thorough to navigate. The things you can access in your phone here is unbelieveable.

The swop was easy with help of clone app, and ive got my apps back, and Spotify for free.

The hardware for me was worth the effort.

Would i go back, Yes, maybe one day as the apple IOS is just so sleek and user friendly.
2015 - Sunset lakes villa
Buzz987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Swapped from i-phone 5 to Samsungs but never had much luck with them, ended up with Sony Xperia Z, after a few faulty Samsungs.
The Sonys have all been perfect, now have an XZ2 Premium.

All my CDs are on i-Tunes for the car, so we have a couple of 8gb i-Pod Touch for that. I don't actually download anything so could copy over to Sony Go but I'm used to i-Tunes.

I also have a OnePlus 6T McLaren Speed Orange Edition which I won in a competition. The spec is fantastic but haven't used it yet.

I don't miss Apple phones at all tbh, but I would definitely miss i-Tunes.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
Thanks for the thoughts... wondering if I should look at the iPhone 8 Plus, it would be so much easier for transferring my stuff to another iPhone.

Decisions decisions!
I have always had Iphones ( the regular ones!) but last upgrade decided to go from the 7 to the 8Plus, at first it felt MASSIVE but after a few weeks it just felt "normal" and other phones feel small I do have a Pop Socket on the back as It's easier to use that as a "holder" when taking photos but the thing I am most impressed with (as almost everything else was the same as the 7) was the camera on the 8 Plus (not on the 8) it's got a dual lens and it's so much better, the photo's in portrait mode for a phone camera are Brilliant, they focus on the person (all sharp and perfect) and the back ground is slightly blurred (amazing depth of field perspective!).
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

if a decent camera on your phone is important, check out the new nokia 9 pureview which was announced at the weekend. it has FIVE cameras on the back!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Having been an iPhone geek since I got my first one (the iPhone 3), I switched to Huawei just before Christmas and to be honest I don't think I'll be switching back any time soon.

One thing to consider is rather than the P20 Pro, go for the Mate 20 Pro. It might be a few quid more per month but it's a superior phone in every way.

DLP - '12 (offsite hotel), '18 (Newport Bay Club)
orlandochris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List