Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Feb 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Charging to magic bands/hotel

So I’m aware Disney are now putting a holding charge on people’s account when staying onsite/charging to magic bands. I was wondering whether to put down my usual bank card for the duration for the holding charge but then paying off the balance using my fair fx card - is this possible?

Is there a way to see your transactions and a running total when using magic bands? Is there something on the MDE app?
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Donz23 View Post
So I’m aware Disney are now putting a holding charge on people’s account when staying onsite/charging to magic bands. I was wondering whether to put down my usual bank card for the duration for the holding charge but then paying off the balance using my fair fx card - is this possible?

Is there a way to see your transactions and a running total when using magic bands? Is there something on the MDE app?
I am sure you can check out / pay bill any way you like. I am pretty sure there is no way to see your transactions via MDE, think you would need to ask the hotel for interim bills.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi, you can now see all of your room charges in the MDE app, this started a similar time to when the bus times were added I think. It’s really useful so you can see how much you have on there and go and pay it off as you go. We put a card on for charges but often go and pay chunks off in cash we have saved for the trip.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As I understand it, they take the $100 hold then every time that you go over that $100 they take another $100 so really there's nothing to pay off IYKWIM.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
As I understand it, they take the $100 hold then every time that you go over that $100 they take another $100 so really there's nothing to pay off IYKWIM.
SD
Really?
That wasn't how it worked for us at the Boardwalk in September. The drew somwhere much higher as I recall. $100 is nothing, one meal could easily be more so would involve lots of draws and transaction charges.
When did you experience this and at which hotel ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Is there a way to see your transactions and a running total when using magic bands? Is there something on the MDE app?[/QUOTE]

Yes there is a facility to do that on MDE once you have checked in, it appears as a menu item. Certainly was the case in Sept 2017. Here is a screenshot of what it showed on my app.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 11:27 AM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

We held with our credit card last july and paid off with fair FX. Never paid a holding charge. Stayed at AKL
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alwaysdisley View Post
Hi, you can now see all of your room charges in the MDE app, this started a similar time to when the bus times were added I think. It’s really useful so you can see how much you have on there and go and pay it off as you go. We put a card on for charges but often go and pay chunks off in cash we have saved for the trip.
I am obviously not getting enough out of MDE as I have never seen it. Or bus times.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am obviously not getting enough out of MDE as I have never seen it. Or bus times.
They are things that appear once you have checked in. You get a My Reservation page which looks like this:

Then that gives you access to all the other features!

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
OK to all those who are stating their experience from their last stay please check Disney's NEW credit card policy Last year I could have up to $1500 before my card would be charged.
We appreciate your interest in your upcoming stay and will be happy to assist you.

With the new credit card policy change, an authorization hold will be placed on the card for any balance due on the reservation plus $100 for estimated incidental expenses. If your reservation will be paid off prior to check in, then it will only be the $100 authorization hold.

If your spending exceeds the original $100 hold, additional incremental holds will be obtained automatically. The authorization holds on the card will not exceed the current balance due plus $100, and this process will be done automatically.

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List