Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
So you never bother paying in a private car park?
No, I pay for private parking, but IF I forgot and I have been ticketed, then I wouldn't and haven't paid.

Its happened approx. 3 times and never paid.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
No, I pay for private parking, but IF I forgot and I have been ticketed, then I wouldn't and haven't paid.

Its happened approx. 3 times and never paid.
How old is your last ticket ?
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

It sounds like you’re going to pay it and I would too if I were you.
But for anyone else thinking about just ignoring these type of tickets I would seriously consider this action. I’m afraid the days of just ignoring it and having no comeback are numbered. The Martin Lewis website has some really good info on appealing unfair tickets but he would never advise you to ignore the ticket.
There’s a very old belief that “it’s just an invoice and not a fine. There’s nothing private companies can do”, but I’m afraid that’s simply not true. You might get away with ignoring it, you might not...
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
To the OP
I think your DH should be going to specsavers if he missed all the signs. 😀
He does actually have terrible eyesight but I'd be hoping he was wearing his glasses if he was driving lol!
He's just the most un-observant person ever (he will claim he is 'focused').
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I would pay it as you believe the signs are clear.
However I do have a question . You say the fee is for not having the relevant permit. I would be interested to know what the signs say as a lot talk about a penality for parking and so there could be a techincality in the wording you could get away with. but probably not worth it.
So pay but when paying make it clear you reserve the right to challenge this with POPLA if you decide to.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Near where I used to live there were some free parking bays next to the station. I hadn't used the station for a few months and when I went back didn't notice the new parking signs. I got a ticket through the post and paid up. My error.

Quite a few pubs near us have free parking provided you register- but the onus is on the driver to do it.

Having to shell out £60 isn't fun but I would say pay up, lesson learnt.
Old 22 Feb 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I would pay it as you believe the signs are clear.
However I do have a question . You say the fee is for not having the relevant permit. I would be interested to know what the signs say as a lot talk about a penality for parking and so there could be a techincality in the wording you could get away with. but probably not worth it.
So pay but when paying make it clear you reserve the right to challenge this with POPLA if you decide to.
I should have taken a picture of the sign as I can't remember the exact wording. However I do remember it being fairly clear that there was a £100 penalty unless the car was registered for a permit. Could pop down again to check the exact wording.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

I have got out of my sick bed to post this advice to op, firstly please ignore all the nonsense replies you have had on here advising you to pay, just think about it how can you be “fined” for parking somewhere for free= scam, you have NOT been fined as these vermin private companies by law cannot fine anyone only courts police traffic wardens et al can do that, everyone who has advised you to pay should simply go on Mse forum go to motoring and then to “parking tickets and fines” then read away particularly reading the post by “ the deep” who explains what MPs are doing about these “cowboys “ ex clampers by trade, my advice simply go into gp ask to see practice manager and get him/her to contact the company involved and get the parking charge NOTICE cancelled immediately, back to bed for me now, but heed my advice and under no circumstances pay up as a foot note I wonder who gets to keep the so called “fine” ? I know and I guess by now you know, but not noticing a sign is not a criminal offence trust me these people scare you into paying up that’s why I advise you to read the forum for free first class and ACCURATE advice, off back to bed now this will be my only post here as I feel unwell right now and will return sometime, Do NOT PAY, no crime committed, you did the crime? Oh no you didn’t, good luck, get into to go practice now, bondy ps. If this is a new system it was up to the surgery to inform all patients about this, otherwise the vermin will be milking it to death!

Edited at 03:41 PM.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
I have got out of my sick bed to post this advice to op, firstly please ignore all the nonsense replies you have had on here advising you to pay, just think about it how can you be “fined” for parking somewhere for free= scam, you have NOT been fined as these vermin private companies by law cannot fine anyone only courts police traffic wardens et al can do that, everyone who has advised you to pay should simply go on Mse forum go to motoring and then to “parking tickets and fines” then read away particularly reading the post by “ the deep” who explains what MPs are doing about these “cowboys “ ex clampers by trade, my advice simply go into gp ask to see practice manager and get him/her to contact the company involved and get the parking charge NOTICE cancelled immediately, back to bed for me now, but heed my advice and under no circumstances pay up as a foot note I wonder who gets to keep the so called “fine” ? I know and I guess by now you know, but not noticing a sign is not a criminal offence trust me these people scare you into paying up that’s why I advise you to read the forum for free first class and ACCURATE advice, off back to bed now this will be my only post here as I feel unwell right now and will return sometime, Do NOT PAY, no crime committed, you did the crime? Oh no you didn’t, good luck, get into to go practice now, bondy
When I saw this thread, my first thought was of you and that I hadn’t seen you post for a while. Glad to see you’re still around with your ever useful parking ticket/fine advise. Hope you’re feeling better soon!
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

You could consider writing to whoever owns the land, as they employ the private parking company. I actually think it is appalling that a doctor's surgery has employed a private parking company. They are the scum of the earth, but I know it happens at hospitals too. I was successful with this when my son parked on the street near an elderly people's home. However, the signs were not visible at all in this case. I wrote to the CEO, and when the company realised the sort of pressure the parking firm were putting us under, they instructed them to drop it! Definitely worth a try.
Edit - Bondy beat me to it!

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 03:40 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List