Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Most airlines have told staff to not get involved both passengers are adults hey can come to an agreement themselves seems to be the current thinking
Given they tend not to manage to agree on internet forums about it then good luck in the real world.

As to keeping own space etc. I could be argued that your space starts where the chair in front is reclined and ends where you chair is reclined. The chairs are only upright at the beginning for safety purposes. That said I had when people recline in front of me during the day.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

On our return flight in December we had a really old couple in front and behind us in PE. The couple in front both reclined and DH asked the elderly man behind if he minded if he reclined but the lady behind me was asleep and I didn’t want to break her knees without warning so I stayed upright the whole time
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I don't recline. I never have. Im not saying that if someone reclined in front of me id be annoyed, but I personally wouldn't put anyone behind me through it... its uncomfortable. The worst time was when we ended up at the back of the plane. DH couldn't recline, but the the person in front did. DH had DD(18 months) on his knee and was basically for 9 hours stuck and unable to move. It was awful. I think what I'm getting at is just be mindful of what is going on behind you if you are going to recline x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Nothing wrong with reclining your seat. There's plenty room even when the seat in front is reclined on a long haul aircraft.

It only becomes an issue when people feel entitled to prevent someone else of using the feature a seat is designed for.

Most ife tilt too to ensure you have a flat view of the tv and the sest trays are designed to still sit flat and slide back and forth to provide the same amount of room.

If it bothers you thst much, recline your own seat to create the same amount or upper space, book row a, bulk head or extra leg room seats or a different seat class for more leg room.

Edited at 11:59 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The only time I got annoyed when someone reclined was on an easyjet flight. I was 32 weeks pregnant so had less room as it was.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I would only recline if nobody was behind me. My husband is 6”5 so really struggles if the person in front reclines.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I recline on a night flight when I want to try and get some shut eye. Not a lot though as I don’t find it comfortable if it’s too far back.

I’m not keen on it when people in front recline during the day, but the function is there and they’re entitled to use it, so I will then possibly recline slightly in that situation too just so I don’t feel so enclosed.
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
When we flew home on our last night flight the cabin crew made an announcement when they dimmed the cabin lights and encouraged everyone to recline their seats. Most people did. I hate reclining too even on a night flight, as dont like to inconvenience anyone else. Most of the passengers reclined, wish the cabin crew would do this all the time on night flights.
is such a great way to determine how the whole plan should behave. Would love to know the airline as they seem to have taken this whole issue totally into consideration.
Impressed by that

I'm a non recliner, by choice and would hate to have my seat in the face of the person behind, have attempted to use both DS's as a defence on this.
Now try to book seats behind each other and if the boys have a seat in their face I know they are less considerate of IFE touch screen pressing than I am

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I’ve paid for my seat, and will use any of the design features that it has.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerRah
Excited about Disney

:)

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I’ve paid for my seat, and will use any of the design features that it has.

I’m pretty sure that everyone else on the flight will have paid for their seats too.

I don’t think the issue here is one of entitlement but of just showing a little consideration for fellow passengers.
TigerRah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread