Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 19, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerRah
Excited about Disney

A football being repeatedly bounced on the pavement ... the noise drives me mad!
TigerRah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Noisy eaters. I hate it with a passion. Once I hear it I cannot unhear it and each chomp makes it worse.

I cannot imagine sitting down to Sunday roast with a nice pair of Bose on though.

Can hear my mother now " no headphones at the table !"

Edited at 04:58 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am soon 48 and I am totally with you. I also hate going into shops that have loud music on - in my 20s that was totally cool... not now😃
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I can totally sympathise. Some noises can make me incredibly stressed. The noise our extractor hood over the hob really stresses me out. I went to the supermarket last Sunday morning and there was a mum in there with a child of about 3. She talked really loudly in an incredibly high pitched tone to this child constantly. You could hear her over the whole store. I know it sounds really mean but her voice drove me mad, I only did half my shopping as I couldn’t wait to get out. I have been saying to my husband for a while that I think I have an issue as I literally can’t bear certain noises but I feel stupid going to the doctor and saying this. I feel a little better now I can see others have similar.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Even has a name - Misophonia - I have had it for years - though looking back I have always had it - maybe just used to tolerate the noises better - clicks/whistles/repetitive noises/hubby rubbing socked feet on the coffee table - arghhhhhh...

(looking back at school, if anyone had a clicky pen I would be wound up, on edge BEFORE they even started clicking - because I knew they might)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

My DH sniffing repeatedly drives me insane!
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ha ha my dd 16 hates screaming children, we get on a bus and she says I’m getting off and gives me the look!
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
Yeah that's one of the worst ones but didn't want to say it.
Some crying is ok but the proper high pitched screech really hurts.
Do you think it may be due to the pressure of flying recently? My ears are sensitive for about a week after returning from holiday.
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
No, it's all the time for me
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m currently sat in the lounge in Abu Dhabi airport. It’s 12.26 pm and I’m really tired and there is a guy who keeps coughing!
Silly noises annoy the bejezzus out of me now but I really get worked up at coughing. Poor guy could be ill but I still have no sympathy! ( shocking , I know!)