Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Feb 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Yes I thought we would get 14 days worth of FP bookings, but it seems not.
It is 60 days on a rolling basis so :
60 days before you can book day 1
59 days before day 2
58 days before day 3

Sammy kitten is right you won't get FOP with a 1 night booking .
This is what it was like in May when we went. Overall not sure how beneficial it was for us tbh as we didn't have a car so didn't get the free parking even.

Updated to add I hadn't seen the thread above so it wouldn't work anyway but hopefully the fact that the recent changes would not have impacted the outcome of getting FOP either way makes you feel a little better.

Hope this helps

Edited at 12:00 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
59 days before day 2
58 days before day 3

Sammy kitten is right you won't get FOP with a 1 night booking though you may get better times on the other rides.
This is what it was like in May when we went. Overall not sure how beneficial it was for us tbh as we didn't have a car so didn't get the free parking even.

Hope this helps
This is apparently no longer the case and Disney have finally closed this loophole.

It reverts back to 30 days for any days not onsite.
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
59 days before day 2
58 days before day 3

Sammy kitten is right you won't get FOP with a 1 night booking though you may get better times on the other rides.

Hope this helps
That's wrong now, the 60 day FP Bookings are only available for the duration of your stay so a 1 night booking just check in and check out day, the rest of your holiday is now only 30 days as per offsite guests. This has happened this week when Disney updated the system to close this loophole, along with throwaway bookings so if you book to get FP at 60, if you cancel the booking the system will now automatically cancel all the FPs that are associated with the booking

Sorry didn't see your edit lol

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 12:05 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah was reading that it’s now being implemented on here:
wdwmagic/other/mymag...he-service.htm
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Universal do express passes for the length of stay so what's wrong with Disney doing it? Staying on site (Disney) isn't cheap and booking fast passes 60 days out for the trip is seen as a perk of doing so.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Universal do express passes for the length of stay so what's wrong with Disney doing it? Staying on site (Disney) isn't cheap and booking fast passes 60 days out for the trip is seen as a perk of doing so.
Not sure anyone said Disney were wrong to do it ?
It’s a loophole, Disney closed it, I have no beef, wont book one night, happy Saturday 🥂.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s a loophole, Disney closed it, I have no beef, wont book one night, happy Saturday 🥂.
Personally Jess it still can be worth it for the Disney magic , especially if you get a emh day . You still could get fop or the top headliners, it’s pure luck tbh as you could pick up one the day before , nothing is guaranteed even with longer stays .
One night stays have helped us experience different hotels and helped us decide we wanted to do a 5 night stay this time. I don’t regret any of our one night stays and I’ve stayed at gf , contemporary and ak and had wonderful memorable stays at them all . You book what’s best for you
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you. I've seen a couple of posts on here where a couple of people aren't happy with it, eg, one with a sad face. I was just speaking in general terms in relation to those posts. Perhaps I should have quoted one of them in my response.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

hhhmmm the fast pass availability calendar is now showing fop available at 59 and 60 days. That is at Easter, a busy time. I wonder if this rule change will actually have an impact on availability?

If it does it may well just change how a throwaway booking is used. If you can still get a campsite booking for $62. Save $50 on parking. So pay $12 and be sure you will get FOP and possibly an EMH day as well, that is still a good deal.

Not going to use this myself this year, but don't give up on the throwaway bookings just yet! They might still be useful just in a different way.

Edited at 10:48 PM.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
hhhmmm the fast pass availability calendar is not showing fop available at 59 and 60 days. That is at Easter, a busy time. I wonder if this rule change will actually have an impact on availability?

If it does it may well just change how a throwaway booking is used. If you can still get a campsite booking for $62. Save $50 on parking. So pay $12 and be sure you will get FOP and possibly an EMH day as well, that is still a good deal.

Not going to use this myself this year, but don't give up on the throwaway bookings just yet! They might still be useful just in a different way.
I'm guessing you meant "now showing" and not showing"? yes it might - it will be interesting to see if this change of rule makes the probability of getting FPs for all rides (including FOP and SDD) more likely at 60 and 61 days, compared to previously.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List