Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Jun 16, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Final Thoughts!

Not sure where to start if honest. From start to finish it was one of the smoothest trips we have ever had. Apart from maybe spending one day too many at Disneyland, there was nothing that we could complain about. In fact just about faultless!

All the accommodation we booked was a great choice. The upgrade at the Best Western Plus Island Palm in San Diego was a big bonus with lovely views. We really did enjoy the various things we visited. From the USS Midway to Napa Valley Wine Tour, everything was spot on.

One regret is when we saw the turning to Azusa I did not turn off. This town is where our love for the US all started in 1979 and I would have loved to see it again. But never mind.

We encountered some lovely people, especially Mary and Mike at the Cheshire Cat. Whether we take up their very kind offer of staying them if we are that way again I am not sure.

It really is a beautiful part of the world. The Pacific coastline is absolutely stunning and we could have spend so much time just sitting watching the waves crashing against the rocks. I kept saying it was 'beautifully stunning'.

There is still so much we want to see in the US, so maybe our next adventure will take to some of the other sights we want to see. Yellowstone, Monument Valley, Mount Rushmore to name three.

The most precious person in my life, Elaine, does really enjoy the planning of our trips so I wait with baited breath to what suggestions are forthcoming over the next few months.

I know she will read my waffling so Elaine, thank you, without you we would not enjoy such fantastic holidays together!

That’s it. Again thanks for reading and happy holidays everyone!

Edited at 02:40 PM.
TractorBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Just spent my day off reading all about your fantastic trip. Sounds like you had a lovely time and I'm so glad you got your camera back as you have some wonderful photos. We are doing quite a similar trip to you next month and are so excited.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 16, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Am still working my way through your trip reports but enjoying what I have read already.

It is a beautiful part of the US so much to see and do,just the time needed.

My OH would like to visit Yellowstone, we visited Monument Valley a couple of years ago (OH is a big Western fan) we went out horseriding with a Navejo Indian what an amazing experience.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

You will love Monument Valley and we too want to venture to Yellowstone!
Happy planning for both of you!
Oh my, as I typed this the news just showed fires near Santa Barbara, do hope there is not damage to homes!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

What a great trip and report, thank you for sharing. I have made many notes and tips as we are hoping to do a border to border trip next year from Seattle down to San Diego.
Old 20 Jun 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

A great trip report, thanks for writing 😃 I have read them all this evening and really enjoyed them. I have never been on a road trip but this has definitely made me want to plan one.
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Got to say, brilliant trip report, i would like to do a very similar trip soon, so as given me lots of ideas, and the recommendations are handy for where to stay.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great trip report, I hope you get to visit all the places you want to.
Mount Rushmore is high on my list and Utah and Chicago and Yellowstone, to be honest my list is endless

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Lovely trippie, thanks for sharing! So glad you got your camera back, I can imagine the relief and joy 😀
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List