Notices

Old 14 Oct 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Florida 2019 - it‘s here at last - Day 1

So here I am, awake at 3.15 am. The alarm is set for 5.00 am as it's early morning Magic hours at HS, open from 6.00 am

I had an issue with my band not opening the room door so went to reception to have this fixed. Not as straight forward as you would think, but we got there in the end.

We headed out just around 6 and made our way for the friendship boat.

Bag check was busy but we were through soon enough and headed for Galaxy's Edge. The theming is amazing although it was so busy it was difficult to take it all in. The reported wait time for Smuggler's Run was already 190 mins, a quick chat was had and we all agreed that we'd go for it. Our first FastPass wasn't till 10.50.

We joined the queue and waited for our first ride of the holiday. As there was 7 of us it meant one would be riding with another group.

Tyler and I were Engineers.

We were on and off within an hour! The ride was amazing, although our little Lilly would not agree. She was terrified and I fear we may have put her off every other ride now. Oh dear.

One of we had a bit of a browse and got a photo pass done (how many less are there of them around?!), met R2 then headed to slinky dog dash, which had a wait time of 80 mins and again we were on and off in under an hour. Lilly was a bit happier on this.

Then over to Toy Story Mania, wait time 70 mins, and another under an hour wait. So 3 rides done and we hadn't used a FastPass so far. Now was time for Tyler's first rollercoaster. Lilly wasn't tall enough so we went on in 2 groups. Gran and papa first then the other 4. It was as fab as always, and Tyler loved it, as he had all of the rides.

Now it was time for food, as anyone who has read my previous reports will know, I'm not a food photo taker. The kids wanted a hot dog so we headed back to Rosie's All American Cafe where foot long chilli cheese dogs, burgers and drinks were had. So much food in a quick service meal. We inadvertently missed our next FastPass for the Frozen Singalong. After food the 2 wee ones were ready for a rest so they headed back to the hotel for a wee while. The 3 of us had a wander through the shops, had a photo or 2., visited the Launch Bay as Ben hadn't been before and did the Muppets which we feel is an oldie but a goodie.

We had an early dinner reservation at Mamma Melrose with three Fantasmic package. I know not well planned out as it was quite close to lunch but nevertheless wee went In and had our meal. We were sat really quickly even though they said there'd be a 10 minute wait.

The food was delicious, everyone enjoyed theirs. Sitting dinner we decided to go and queue for the Frozen Singalong as Lilly was desperate to see it. We hadn't gotten to guest services yet to ask about potentially being able to sit near the
front for shows but were lucky enough to get into the second row. I got to sit next to Lilly for this and we loved it. The historians were hilarious.

We then obviously had to go meet the main man himself, in this case not Mickey, but Olaf.

We left here and headed to the shops as the wee one needed ears. Then it was off to guest services for a first visit badge and to ask about Tyler. All sorted with our bands scanned and Tyler's photo taken we were good to go.

We headed towards the amphitheater to sit for Fantasmic. We got the front row in the preferred seating area. Now this has never been my favourite night time show, but what a difference seeing it up close. I loved it.

Star Wars Ears for the boy.

And Coco ones for their mum

Light up toys were bought, OMG Disney must take in the $$$$ with these things!

On leaving the show we checked the wait time for ToT, a mere 30 minutes, out would've been rude not to. Brenda waiter with Lilly while we took Tyler on his first visit to the Twilight Zone. S always it was just brilliant. Tyler loved it. However we agreed that there was no way Lilly would be going on it, even though she is tall enough.

We then headed out and stroller back to the Beach Club and headed straight to bed.

Old 14 Oct 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you have a magical day!

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Following Jackie! Have an amazing holiday 😃
JenD1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you had a fantastic first day!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 15 Oct 19 11:08 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great start - and I love the quiet pool rooms! Did you get upgraded as this is a water view (we've had a couple there before).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 10:06 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

You did well to keep going for so long! You packed a lot in!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That sounded like a great day

Joan
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

They never mentioned an upgrade and I never really thought about it, but looks like we must’ve. Happy days.
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks like a great first day! Looking forward to reading more of your trip- the beach club looks beautiful!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List