Notices

Old 25 Oct 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take a look through my eyes, Day 20, Farewell Magic Kingdom. 18th September 2019

It's a sad day today...

Last full day in the Disney bubble, the alarm went off at 6:30am, we woke determined to make the most of it and cherish every single moment. We arrived at Magic Kingdom just after 7:30 and took a slow walk up the relatively empty Main Street.

As we walked into Tomorrow Land, we saw that the arch was back up

Our first ride today was Buzz Lightyear which was a walk on, the in ride photo just shows how I feel about not being able to hit anything on this ride! John takes control of the car and just when I'm getting somewhere, he moves it, the look is in jest honestly! At one point the ride stopped, I should have been able to tally up an acceptable amount of points but I still couldn't aim straight!

There was only one place we could even contemplate for breakfast...

I won't bore you with another photo of a giant cinnamon bun and 2 cups of le fous brew, so here's the empty plate instead 😂

A random woman came up to us asking if we were from the Uk and did we know *insert village name here* as this is where her ancestors are from, she then pulled up a chair and joined us at our table 😂 we ended up googling it there and then as we didn't know, and it turns out it's a tiny little village in Kent, I can't for the life of me remember what its called, but we told her that Kent is a very pretty county and is known as the garden of England and told her about hops and oast houses, she seemed happy, then there was a bit of an awkward silence and we bade her a cheery farewell and left her at our table, I felt a bit rude but we had stopped talking and were sitting in silence and she didn't return to her family!

We made our way over to a virtually empty frontierland, stopping at the Tangled area to spot some pascals, can you spot them?

We walked onto Splash Mountain just before our BTM FP window opened, turns out that BTM is down so we had a free to use FP, we thought we'd leave it at this point to see if BTM would be up and running later and made our way over to Pirates instead.

After we said goodbye to Jack Sparrow John went off to get some drinks and came back with a citrus swirl, good choice! This is divine.

John has fond memories of visiting the Swiss Family Robinson tree house with his lovely dad as a child, so decided to pay homage and climb the steps and relive some of those memories.

We then realised that we hadn't been in the Enchanted tiki Room this trip so made our way into this totally bonkers show, it has to be done!

We had a 12:00 adr for the Plaza so made our way over to check in, only to be told we were 40 minutes early, our booking was for 12:40, oops! We stayed around the hub area for 40 minutes before going back and checking in without any problems.

Its really noisy when you first walk in here, but we were shown to our table in the conservatory area which was nice and quiet with just a few families in here.

True to form, we both picked the same main and had the Philly cheesesteak sandwich, both of us really enjoyed these. For dessert, john had the plaza sundae and I had the butterscotch bread pudding, this is enormous! But oh so good, its is impossible to eat the whole thing. I liked the look of the bottomless milkshakes that others had ordered but I don't think that we would have been able to manage these!

Suitably stuffed we once again rode the people mover then back into the Carousel of Progress, I'm sure we know the script off by heart now, John still laughs at all the puns. Next up was Monsters Inc Laugh Floor which never fails to make you laugh.

As we came out and made our way over to Fantasy Land the heavens opened, so we shot into the Little mermaid to take cover from the rain.

Unfortunately for us, or fortunately depending on your view, the ride stopped just at the part where Ariel is singing the same chorus over and over again, we must have been in this spot for 10 minutes singing this same part over and over again, in fact everyone was singing and laughing at first, and groaning after the first five minutes, I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see them dancing, walking around on those, what'dya call them feet, up where they walk, up where they run... it was quite amusing at first, we were in our own personal ground hog day for a full ten minutes!

The rain had stopped and we continued to wander taking everything in, we ended up back in Adventureland and noticed that the cart near the Jungle Cruise has some cheeseburger spring rolls so we just had to try them, these are not eligible for a snack credit though, Tim Tracker raves about these so we were keen to try them. First bite they are delicious, but then the saltiness kicks in, if it wasn't for the excessive amount of salt they would be really good.

We made our way to Main Street to buy those items we had staked out earlier in the trip, we bought some tshirts for the kids back home, some towels, a lovely serving utensil set with Mickey cut outs in the handles and some other bits and pieces. We then made the decision to take our haul back to AKL rather than picking it up from guest services at park close and come back in time to stake out a spot for Happily Ever After, I was quite happy about this as I thought that when we left the park tonight that would be for good, but doing this meant I could leave and come back again! Even I don't understand why I think like this sometimes, but this made me extremely happy!

We got chatting to a lovely British couple on the bus going back to AKL, they were only on their first day, I'm not jealous at all! I think we bonded over our love for Disney pandora charms 😊

I think we made it back to AKL, then bus back to MK in about an hour, so not bad going at all, so with a big smile on my face we entered Magic Kingdom for the last time in 2019 ☹. We were both quite tried by now so decided that we would go and find a spot for Happily Ever After, we had ridden everything and seen everything we wanted to today. It was getting quite busy around the hub area, we did try perching on a wall but it was getting quite uncomfortable and we're not as young as we used to be, if we sat on the floor then we wouldn't be able to get back up again in a hurry, or gracefully!

Back in 2016 we sat on the concrete bench on the bridge over to Tomorrowland with the whole family, so this is were we headed, as expected there wasn't anyone sitting here yet so we claimed the corner part of the bench, John went off to get some drinks and a couple of pretzels and two churros for later.

The light was starting to fade and the castle started to light up, a dad and his son came and sat on the bench near us and we got chatting, he had been tasked by his wife to find a good spot to watch HEA while she took their two daughter to meet Tinkerbell, he couldn't decide whether to stay here or not, I told him that if his kids loved Tink, then she would fly over our heads here, he was more than happy with that so called his wife and told her were he was sitting so that they could come and join him.

We slightly spread ourselves out a bit to make room for them once they joined him, luckily they all arrived in the nick of time, both little girls wearing tinkerbell wings, so adorable.

Once the fireworks were over, the two adorable girls came over to say thankyou for finding them a magical spot to see tinkerbell, my heart melted, I had a conversation with them about how tinkerbell had to fly from her meeting with them up to the castle and how busy she must be, they were both nodding and agreeing, that sums up the magic of Disney. ❤️

We enjoyed HEA more this evening than we did at the dessert party, once again I took hundreds of photos in the hope of a handful of decent ones.

We stayed here to watch Once upon a time, then made our way over to the people mover to ride this at night and had a last go on buzz Lightyear.

Grabbed a last photo pass picture on main street, everyone taken came out blurry which is a shame, so here's a sad selfie instead 😂

Then we took the slow walk out, you know the walk, the one where you are desperately trying to take in all the sights, sounds and smells before you bid a final farewell to the happiest place on earth? Yup, that walk...

We got back to AKL, and just to rub salt in the wound we had the dreaded notice of eviction! We didn't get to bed until 1:30am as we were trying to pack, we just about managed it even with bringing an empty case! We set the alarm for 6:30, who needs sleep anyway!
Thanks for reading ❤️

Old 25 Oct 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 25 Oct 19 12:51 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant last day

Joan