Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Nov 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
An Ice Cream a Day is the Moreton Way! - Day 4 Blizzard Beach & move to Royal Pacific

Monday 27th May 2019

We all had a good sleep, Lee and Jacob were up at around 6.30am. Lucas was still not himself and was not keen on going to Blizzard Beach today. We suggested he had some breakfast and then see how he felt. There was no rush this morning as BB did not open until 10am. Unfortunately, Lucas was sick around 8am and still had a bit of diarrhoea. We decided it was best for him to stay at the villa with me. Those that have read previous trip reports will know that water parks are not my most favourite things in the world so I was happy to stay with him especially as I knew Jacob was desperate to go to BB. We also wanted Lucas to be ok for later as we were surprising them with tickets for Blue Man Group.

Lee took the car (first time he had drove this holiday) and went to Walgreens to speak to the pharmacy to see if there was anything Lucas could take to help him. As it was Memorial Day there was no pharmacy on duty! Lee managed to buy something off the shelf called Emetrol for nausea and stomach upsets, it was $13 but turned out to be “magic medicine” that was soooo worth it.
Lee and Jacob went off to BB and arrived around 9.40am. Lee said they were held just after the entrance until dead on 10am, he said it was amusing to watch people running to grab sun loungers and cutting through bushes even though there were thousands available. They went on everything apart from Summit Plummet.

They also had a sand pail as there morning snack! This made me very jealous. Meanwhile the medicine had worked wonders as Lucas had improved no end. He had eaten some toast and been in the pool. Lee whatsapped to say him and Jacob were on their way back. They were back at the villa just before 1pm.

The boys didn’t know it but we had booked 1 night at the RPR as we were going to Islands of Adventure tomorrow and we wanted the front of the line passes. The room was £275 but we used £120 worth of Tesco vouchers so we actually paid just over £150. As mentioned previously we also had tickets for the BMG tonight at 8pm.
I had packed the overnight bag, so as soon as Lee and Jacob were ready, we headed off to Universal. The plan was to eat in City Walk. As is always the case the drive up the I4 was slow. We followed the signs for the hotel parking and parked in the self-parking area as we didn’t fancy paying the $41 for valet parking. Our first impressions were wow! it was beautiful in parts.

To our surprise there was no line at check in. We were served by Jasmine who was excellent she gave us garlands and made us feel very welcome. She let us choose the pictures for our front of the line passes. Jacob went for minions, Lucas – Spiderman, Lee went for Blue Man Group and I picked ET.

The room was prepaid so we just had to pay the $27 for 1 night’s car parking. We were given room 2316 in tower 2 which was not far away from reception. The room was very nice and the view was fab. I am not sure it was worth £275 night though.

View from our bedroom window

We unpacked quickly and walked through the hotel and pool area so that we could get a water taxi to City Walk. It was absolutely boiling even the staff who were from Florida were saying it was too hot, he even joked with the boys that the parks were closing because it was too hot, but the boys were having none of it.

There was a 10-minute wait for a boat, Lucas was very tetchy probably due to hunger which makes him ‘hangry’, a trait he gets from his father. Once in City Walk the unanimous choice for dinner was Bubba Gump’s, we love eating here and always enjoy it.

We have also eaten in the ones in Anaheim and San Francisco. As always, we kept it very simple, Lee, Jacob and I had fish and chips while Lucas had the kid’s burger. The boys also had some iccee freeze drinks in souvenir light up glasses.

The food and service were excellent, the restaurant was about half full but it was early afternoon. The bill was $75 including tip. Having seen the hotel pool the boys were desperate to have a swim. However, we knew we had to be back at CW for 7pm to pick up our BMG tickets (the boys still did not know). Thankfully there was hardly any wait for a water taxi to get us back to the hotel, it was still roasting. The boys got changed quickly and were in the pool in no time. Lee went in with them but I stayed dry. It was very busy but the pool area is massive so there was plenty of room. The floor was too hot to walk on with bare feet. There was a great atmosphere in the pool area, there was a DJ playing music and lots of beach balls in the pool. The boys had great fun and it was a shame they only had ½ an hour to play.

We went back to the room and got changed and told the boys we were going out for ice cream. Once back in City Walk.

we went to Coldstone Creamery and although Lucas picked an ice cream, he said his tummy hurt so he couldn’t eat it. The 4 ice creams cost $28! We strolled over to the BMG entrance and the boys clicked what was happening and were very excited.

The area around the box office was quite busy but collecting the tickets was no problem. We waited for the doors to open at 7.30am and then made our way into the theatre. By the time the show started it was about ¾ full. The show lasted 1 hour 20 minutes with no intermission. The boys loved the show and laughed all the way through even at the bits they didn’t understand! Lee thought it was ok but felt parts of the show were slow and unfunny. I liked it and thought there were some very good parts to it, but Lee and I both agreed that Cirque de Soleil is much better.

After the show, we looked around CW at night it was very busy, the wait for the water taxis were huge so we decided to take the 10-minute walk back to the hotel. It was a nice walk despite Lucas’s moaning 😊.

We took a few pictures of the hotel lobby at night before going back to the room. We were all very tired, we watched some impractical jokers on tv before going to sleep.

It had been a nice day and we were happy Lucas’s tummy troubles had settled down and we hoped he would be back on form tomorrow for IOA.

Edited at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added Dates
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Great that the 'Magic Medicine' worked wonders - must have been great to get to Universal and see such an improvement in Lucas.
Love Bubba Gumps

Know what my boys would have said to the water taxi driver if he tried telling them that the park was shut

Love the night time walk around Citywalk always looks amazing lit up.

Thanks for sharing another day and hope Lucas is fighting fit for IOA

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List