Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Oct 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I think you are right and I think there is a lot of that going on at Disney. I have just stopped reading a TR as it annoyed me so much and I am generally easy going. I am all for the DAS passes and can see why they are needed but this family had one for their teenage son as he gets anxious when queuing for a long time when he doesn’t know what the ride is like and has had to leave queues before.
Blimey, I'm like that sometimes. I've been known to queue up for a coaster, been anxious whilst in the queue and then left the queue before I got on the ride. But I'd never consider getting a DAS just for my anxiety.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Blimey, I'm like that sometimes. I've been known to queue up for a coaster, been anxious whilst in the queue and then left the queue before I got on the ride. But I'd never consider getting a DAS just for my anxiety.
I didn’t have a problem with that initially especially as it was a teenager rather than an adult. It was the excess of times it was done. Far more than a person would do it who had FP or had to queue. I’ve been lucky to stay onsite and get FP so not had to queue but abuse like that puts the FP and normal queue up.
Old 1 Nov 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ScottUTAH
Excited about Disney

Mobile

They must be punished for this serious crime! Parking for free at a hotel instead of paying those lovely parking charges! You can call Disney police on them you know?
ScottUTAH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScottUTAH View Post
Ummm if they have a disability card, how are they abusing it? Your now saying your going to use it now also, stop abusing the system 😂
Disabled parking bays at the parks are not free, you still pay the same to park as everyone else, and rightly so. It just gets you closer to the park entrance. I think DiscoD6381 was saying up until now they have parked in a normal bay and now their circumstances have changed will be using the paid disabled bays. Their colleague openly abuses the system by parking at hotels for free.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
"Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels
".
So in May the "day guest rule" I believe gave you three hours free parking not all day - the bit where it says "while enjoying... " refers to this. I'm sure people do abuse this however but as its a set time I guess you risk having your car towed if you over stay. Oh and it isn't valet its standard free parking without a Blue Badge. The price for valet is like $28 maybe plus tip?

I agree people abusing any systems like this is a shame as it could mean things get stricter and harder for those people that need it.

Edited at 12:36 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So in May the "day guest rule" I believe gave you three hours free parking not all day - the bit where it says "while enjoying... " refers to this. I'm sure people do abuse this however but as its a set time I guess you risk having your car towed if you over stay. Oh and it isn't valet its standard free parking without a Blue Badge. The price for valet is like $28 maybe plus tip?
Agreed.

What I couldn't see is anywhere where it said that disabled visitors got free valet parking at the resorts. As far as I'm aware disabled guests not staying at a resort still have to pay for parking like anyone else - hence the other bit I copied from Disney's website saying standard parking rates apply for disabled guest. But whether it's free or not makes no difference.

Again, as I said earlier, the whole "disabled visitor" bit is a red herring. What the OP was talking about is someone parking at a resort and then visiting a theme park for the day. This is not allowed under Disney's current rules - it doesn't matter whether you pay for valet parking or park for free.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:19 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

To be honest at this point with all the price rises for tickets, price rises for parking ($25 is taking the pee) , charging for hotel parking and the nickle and diming to pay more for less going on... if anyone finds a way to get out of paying for stuff via a loophole then all power to them!

I pay for the parking, but I'll be damned if I pretend that I'm happy about or even see it as a fair/reasonable cost. If I ever find a way around it you can bet your $25 I will do!
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List