Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Nov 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Is this a crazy idea? Universal or seaworld

We are considering adding extra time onto our holiday and doing either sea world or Universal... Having only visited Disney before this seems outrageous to spend more money having an extra long holiday... I know the kids are desperate to see the Hogwarts bit but making the added part of our trip 'budget' friendly is also important. We also want it to be more relaxing than the Disney part of our trip.
So what would you guys recommend ... that is if we were brave/stupid enough to do this
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would definitely do US and IOA it took us a few visits to go to IOA and we think it’s the best park, The Harry Potter theming is brilliant and I think well worth it, not a fan of Sea World only went in 2004 and have never been back. My kids are dead against it and say dolphins, whales should be swimming in the Ocean and not kept in tanks. They wouldn’t go to Bush Gardens for the same reason x
Do the Universal parks they are fab xx
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I would definitely do US and IOA it took us a few visits to go to IOA and we think it’s the best park, The Harry Potter theming is brilliant and I think well worth it, not a fan of Sea World only went in 2004 and have never been back. My kids are dead against it and say dolphins, whales should be swimming in the Ocean and not kept in tanks. They wouldn’t go to Bush Gardens for the same reason x
Do the Universal parks they are fab xx
Thanks
This is my thought but it will be a very OTT holiday if we go ahead with the plan my DH suggested get sea world tickets and 1 day universal but for the price of that I feel having 14 night universal would be far better and give us a more relaxed part of the holiday (if the extension happens) lol.

This seems ridiculous to consider doing another theme park as well...we get carried away lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks
This is my thought but it will be a very OTT holiday if we go ahead with the plan my DH suggested get sea world tickets and 1 day universal but for the price of that I feel having 14 night universal would be far better and give us a more relaxed part of the holiday (if the extension happens) lol.

This seems ridiculous to consider doing another theme park as well...we get carried away lol
I’m with your husband
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I’m with your husband
Thanks,
I can see merits in it but paying $500 - $600 for one day seem ridiculous lol I think I would rather choose one 14 day pass or the other either way I dont want to spend so much just on one day...
I guess the better plan would be to stick with just Disney and save the rest of the money lol

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Old 11 Nov 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

To maximise your Universal experience you could consider a night onsite at one of the hotels - I think all the hotels give early entry, so you get a bit of a head start, but the deluxe ones offer the free express pass - you could look at buying 2 day tickets for universal from undercover tourist or similar, take 1 night onsite (the express passes work for day of check in and check out) and kick the a**e out of the park but doing opening until closing both days. Last time we went we did the 1 night onsite stay as 2 days was enough Universal for us, but your mileage may vary!
Old 11 Nov 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Thanks,
I can see merits in it but paying $500 - $600 for one day seem ridiculous lol I think I would rather choose one 14 day pass or the other either way I dont want to spend so much just on one day...
I guess the better plan would be to stick with just Disney and save the rest of the money lol
If you get the 14 days tickets you can go for a afternoon or a morning when you want x
Old 11 Nov 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
To maximise your Universal experience you could consider a night onsite at one of the hotels - I think all the hotels give early entry, so you get a bit of a head start, but the deluxe ones offer the free express pass - you could look at buying 2 day tickets for universal from undercover tourist or similar, take 1 night onsite (the express passes work for day of check in and check out) and kick the a**e out of the park but doing opening until closing both days. Last time we went we did the 1 night onsite stay as 2 days was enough Universal for us, but your mileage may vary!
Thanks, I aren't too fussed about bashing the parks (I have three kids the youngest will be 6 and want this to be more leisurely if we do it as we currently have Disney booked,... This literally would be a bonus week or so. It is the cost of the tickets and extra hotel expenses to take into consideration.

I found a sort of acceptable price for flights and realised adding a week wouldn't increase those prices. However everything else will be an additional cost. So we started to toy with the idea.

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
If you get the 14 days tickets you can go for a afternoon or a morning when you want x
Thanks, That is my plan some chilled time around the pool a bit of shopping and some casual park time unlike the regiment of Disney.
My heart says universal (kids lol)l and head says seaworld (money lol).

If we add this on this is going to be the kids surprise present.

DH asked his boss about the length of time of work and she said with enough warning and planing
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

It would be neither budget nor relaxing but I’d certainly do it if it were an option!

We’ve done three weeks several times over and made each one different.

In 2018 we actually went for 3.5 weeks (after a flight amendment meant we could alter them for free we added a few days on at the beginning). We went to Cabana Bay for three nights but didn’t do the parks, just relaxed into the zone before heading to Disney for three weeks on the day we had always planned to do so. For that trip the extra was hotel and food.

One year we did two weeks and Disney then one week at Universal with park tickets. Awesome trip.

Edited at 11:12 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks, I aren't too fussed about bashing the parks (I have three kids the youngest will be 6 and want this to be more leisurely if we do it as we currently have Disney booked,... This literally would be a bonus week or so. It is the cost of the tickets and extra hotel expenses to take into consideration.

I found a sort of acceptable price for flights and realised adding a week wouldn't increase those prices. However everything else will be an additional cost. So we started to toy with the idea.

Thanks, That is my plan some chilled time around the pool a bit of shopping and some casual park time unlike the regiment of Disney.
My heart says universal (kids lol)l and head says seaworld (money lol).

If we add this on this is going to be the kids surprise present.

DH asked his boss about the length of time of work and she said with enough warning and planing
I love Universal and staying there next time but go to Seaworld. My kids adored the Sea lion show and now add the new Sesame street area, I think Seaworld are really starting to improve things. The new family rollercoaster opens next year as the track has started to be laid today.

Look it is no Disney but your kids will have a great time and the rollercoasters are top notch.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List