Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Glad you finally got a refund
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have stayed at the Hyatt in Clearwater which we booked through Avios. the resort fee is always included in our booking but every time we have checked out the hotel know nothing of this. We have always had the print out from our booking to point it out to them and they have never charged it. I think the hotels are just used to charging it and you need to point it out to them that you've already paid this part.

I hope you get it sorted

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Just a heads up get off of Expedia through their Facebook page, when we had been scammed by a hotel through them, who kept taking money each month from my husbands bank account, they was brilliant at replying right back, it did get sorted in the end and they also told us to choose a hotel (which we was out priced by) and they would refund the difference back to us, which they did do
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

This exact thing happened to me this year too! Booked Yotel New York via Hotels.com and the booking says 'resort fee included'.
Had my holiday in March no issues...fast forward 5 months later in August and Yotel New York charge my card with a $150 resort fee! Try telling them it was paid in advance, they were having none of it.
Contacted Hotels.com they refused to believe my email confirmation was real (they didnt say this but i was showing them it and they were saying 'oh thats not the one we sent you' - EH WHAT?!)
Have been trying to email hotels.com to get something done but im just being ignored... I AM FUMING!

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Oh thank you so much... I have emailed them so waiting for a reply there.
Didn't think of trading standards... another route to go down.
It's so annoying ... We hadn't budgeted for it as per our confirmation saying its included but looking at the historic confirmation on the site, it now says its payable ... resort fees are one of the charges we look out for ...

Oh what a day, I've been looking into expenses relating to the delay from the hurricane luckily they've been approved and I've been placed on emergency tax
Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
I contacted credit card company this morning. They were really helpful.
Explained what I've done so far, which by all accounts is the correct way ... I've contacted the hotel and then holiday company for resolution. I need to wait now to see if either come back to me with a reimbursement and if not I can then make a chargeback claim with the credit card company.
I went through my DC company but they were useless and even though I sent them the email confirmation as proof they didnt reimburse my.

What was the Expedia email address you used? I will try via them cause I think hotels.com is with them too - thanks in advance!

DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post
I went through my DC company but they were useless and even though I sent them the email confirmation as proof they didnt reimburse my.

What was the Expedia email address you used? I will try via them cause I think hotels.com is with them too - thanks in advance!
Travel@support.expedia.co.uk

Hotels.com is one of Expedia Partners.

We booked directly with Expedia.

There was a change in the policy between the hotel and Expedia.
This took place in June 2019. The hotel started to charge a resort fee and from what I'm led to believe, they change their information directly on Expedia s website.
We booked the hotel with Expedia in Feb 2019 and we printed ( luckily) our invoice stating resort fee was included.
It was just sheer persistence, repeating the same thing over and over.
I think with a disputed entry on a CC you have 120 days and you have to show that you have tried to resolve the issue before asking them to do so.
That was our next step and I'd filled in the forms but Exoedia rang and said they would refund... although that took over 2 weeks as well.

Good luck anyhow
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We have stayed at the Hyatt in Clearwater which we booked through Avios. the resort fee is always included in our booking but every time we have checked out the hotel know nothing of this. We have always had the print out from our booking to point it out to them and they have never charged it. I think the hotels are just used to charging it and you need to point it out to them that you've already paid this part.

I hope you get it sorted
All sorted thank you...full refund received on the weekend via CC

I think I'll be more cautious in future and insist on a pen invoice upon checking out ...

It would save a lot of hassle
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
Just a heads up get off of Expedia through their Facebook page, when we had been scammed by a hotel through them, who kept taking money each month from my husbands bank account, they was brilliant at replying right back, it did get sorted in the end and they also told us to choose a hotel (which we was out priced by) and they would refund the difference back to us, which they did do
Thanks for that but I don't have FB... not sure if I'd be able to access that...
Good to hear you got yours sorted too.

We generally use Expedia...they are just very slow in the customer service side it seems... I think I need to be mire aware in future
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Email has been sent...pray for me lol

DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

We had exactly this via Expedia and a resort charge. I actually didnt realise I had been charged a resort fee, we thought the waitress had inflated our restaurant bill! Luckily it was just one night and after loads of moaning, emails ( ignored by Hard Rock Daytona Beach ) and finally reviews on Trip advisor etc, it was picked up by Hardrock, and they eventually refunded due to the amount of inconvenience caused. I usually book through Booking.com and will stick with them.