Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Return of the Rescuer – Day 20 – 22.7.19 – Last of the Snacks

Return of the Rescuer – Day 20 – 22.7.19 – Last of the Snacks

Index is here

Again, it was an absolute struggle to get on the go this morning. Dh was up and ready and chomping at the bit but ds and I had different ideas and didn’t get up till about 9am.

By the time we got ready and finished off all the packing it was about 10:30 and we took the bags across and headed to the food court.

With qs credits left we thought a proper breakfast would be a good idea and despite not feeling overly hungry we all had our own breakfast plate.

Berry pancakes for ds and I. Delicious as always.

French toast for Dh with an extra side of sausages for a snack credit.

I also bought a quick service breakfast for the family behind as us, always a nice thing to do with qs credits left.

Once we were done we headed out for the bus to Magic Kingdom. We were not as lucky as usual here and waited just under 30 minutes for the bus to arrive. We’d been cutting it fine for our buzz lightyear fastpass anyway but this meant we’d definitely miss it.

Bag check and entrance were pretty quiet at this time of the day and we headed into main street stopping at the little bench with Walt and Minnie and on main street for photopass pictures.

We also walked around to the bit at plaza gardens where they were doing the zoom in and out photo as the one we’d had taken the other day never appeared. Although it did later.

Straight up to 7d. The lines were mental and even the fastpass line was queued back outside the building. This was definitely a busy day at MK. I had a quick look on touring plans and dumbo was 25minutes, small world 30 minutes...

We decided to head to Tomorrowland for a wee cool down on the carousel of progress, stopping in the way for a strawberry fruit bar and an ice cream float, got to get using up these credits!

Orange fanta ice cream float

Strawberry fruit bar

Carousel of progress was as full as I’ve ever seen it and we enjoyed the wee sing along and the cool down.

Time for our next fastpass, big thunder mountain. Needed to stop for a snack first though, another reds revenge which was very refreshing as the temperature today was a bit unbearable. Real feel 104 again I think.

Big thunder mountain was crazy, the whole area was mobbed and the standby line was going up to 2hours. It was like the craziness of the splash fastpass line at Easter. We were in a zig zag line before even tapping our bands, the kids in front of me were crying with the heat.

It took us about 20 minutes to get on, I don’t know how those people in the standby line managed, we saw a few people leaving the line.

By the time we left though the fastpass line was way out on the bridge.

So that was it for Magic Kingdom, time to leave. Dh nipped into the shop to get some chip and dale trail mix while ds and I went to Starbucks. Got to use up all those credits...

It was mental in Starbucks. Really quick to order but we waited well over 15minutes for our drinks. (no photos)

Our bad luck continued with a 20 minute wait for the bus.

Safely back at French quarter we used up the last of our credits with a meat lovers flat bread, beignets, a praline and another pack of chip and dale mix. With that all our credits were gone!

The magic express appeared right on time and also stopped to pick people up at Riverside. 20 minutes later and we were still there as one big family seemed to have extra people who were not booked on that bus and there was a lot of debate if everyone could fit or not.

Checked in fine with BA, we’d been a bit worried about the weight of the cases especially since we had masses of ghiradellis but they were all just under.

No upgrade for us this time, in hindsight I should have asked as there was loads of space in premium economy when we got on.

The flight was delayed until 8.33, which was not a big deal for us at all as we had a while in Gatwick.

Still stuffed from Disney we had a wee snack of Auntie Anne’s pretzel dogs and just chilled out. Well I spent my time looking at Orlando flights for another potential trip and Dh sat shaking his head at me.

Maybe we chilled out a little too much as before we knew it there was a last call for boarding and we were among the last few people to get on the plane.

All Fooded out we just had a quick snack at the airport / some Auntie Anne’s pretzel dogs.

BA food.

Choice of chicken or pasta

We all had the chicken which was ok. A sort of Thai curry flavour.

The pudding was nice.

Breakfast was dire. They are still offering the soft cheese croissant which I declined - Dh didn’t heed my advice, opened it and quickly decided against it. It smells weird and looks mouldy! I ate the cereal bar. I didn’t even take a picture.

At Gatwick we went to Nando’s and had some breakfast rolls. Sausage for me and sausage and egg for ds and Dh.

They did the job and kept us going for our internal flight which went without a hitch!

Edited at 11:06 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Fantastic trip & report. Thanks for sharing
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Seems like you came home at the right time. It seems to have gotten so busy.

Plane food is such a let down after all the amazing food 😂 but those nandos sandwiches look nice. I didn't even know nandos did breakfast. I assume it's just airport locations.

A brilliant report I'm hoping to start on the April one in the next few weeks when I've submitted a couple of assignments 🤞

Thank you for such a fab report. Lookin forward to the next one xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We were there Easter with the crazy fp lines for splash!
So nice of you to buy the family behind you food with your qs credits 👍🏻😊
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It looks super hot in the photos. Shame you missed out on a last round of Buzz. I don't think I've seen that zoom in and out photo before! What a great idea.

A shame the report is over, but lovely that you have your trip for February already booked up so something to look forward to.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Fantastic trip & report. Thanks for sharing
You are welcome, thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Seems like you came home at the right time. It seems to have gotten so busy.

Plane food is such a let down after all the amazing food 😂 but those nandos sandwiches look nice. I didn't even know nandos did breakfast. I assume it's just airport locations.

A brilliant report I'm hoping to start on the April one in the next few weeks when I've submitted a couple of assignments 🤞

Thank you for such a fab report. Lookin forward to the next one xx
I wonder if it was just the Monday at MK, they say its not a good day as lots of Americans start their trip on a Monday at MK.

We were shocked to discover Nandos breakfasts a couple of years ago.

Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We were there Easter with the crazy fp lines for splash!
So nice of you to buy the family behind you food with your qs credits 👍🏻😊
I thought those lines were down to Easter but maybe not. Crazy wasn't it!

Have a great holiday, you must be really excited.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It looks super hot in the photos. Shame you missed out on a last round of Buzz. I don't think I've seen that zoom in and out photo before! What a great idea.

A shame the report is over, but lovely that you have your trip for February already booked up so something to look forward to.
You can get one of the zoom photos next year

It's nice to know there is another trip or 2 in the making isn't it.
Old 24 Oct 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

All good things must come to an end and once again I have really enjoyed following along. It’s nice you got to do MK before your flight home even if it was a bit hot. Shame you didn’t get an upgrade on the flight back.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
All good things must come to an end and once again I have really enjoyed following along. It’s nice you got to do MK before your flight home even if it was a bit hot. Shame you didn’t get an upgrade on the flight back.
Thanks for reading along and commenting.

I think on your home day you are just done knowing you’ve got a long trip ahead of you, I never feel as patient on my last day.

I’ll not be expecting anymore free upgrades for years to come 😂
Old 9 Nov 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Really enjoyed your TR again and lots of ideas for having the DDP again next year. I’m amazed by how well your son eats, mine are more chicken nuggets and cheese pizza, think he’s more varied than me as I’m not a great seafood fan.
Very jealous of the number of trips you’re having!
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Really enjoyed your TR again and lots of ideas for having the DDP again next year. I’m amazed by how well your son eats, mine are more chicken nuggets and cheese pizza, think he’s more varied than me as I’m not a great seafood fan.
Very jealous of the number of trips you’re having!
Thanks for reading jobelly.

Ds eats everything which makes free ddp great for us. It’s a different matter when I’m paying...😂

It’s been great having a fair few trips back to back, we’ve been really lucky.