Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Nov 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
AJS84
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

When we were there in September we found a lot of QS had them or cups of iced water ready to go at the mobile order collection points. We just grabbed a few when we collected our food but they were happy for people to just grab the water too.

There's a bottle refill in Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe in MK.
AJS84 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Does anyone know if they same applies at universal?

Thanks
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by teamsingo134 View Post

Thanks
Yes

though we found that a few of the places in universal said " use the water fountain around the corner "
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachhh
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just a tip for Epcot, they’ve now upgraded all water fountains to have filters and cooling systems. I was there in October, water was cold and tasted fine, so saves time queueing and looking for QS places!
Rachhh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Thanks
We saw two in universal studios (we weren’t looking for them so there may have been more).

One at the far end of the serving area in Richter Burger, and another in a similar place at Mels Diner.

We bought a freestyle mug and activated it a couple of days, we were a bit fed up of Coke Zero and fizzy stuff, so went to ice tea, but we will definitely take bottles and a squeezy concentrate next time.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

As already mentioned above, the mobile order collection point at many QS locations we used had trays with cups of water for you to help yourself.

Originally Posted by Rachhh View Post
Just a tip for Epcot, they’ve now upgraded all water fountains to have filters and cooling systems. I was there in October, water was cold and tasted fine, so saves time queueing and looking for QS places!
That's interesting to know. Even in 2016 I remember a number of the fountains in Epcot having nice cold water, and I noticed it again this year. Obviously I wasn't imagining it this time!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Thanks
It certainly used to be the case that you could get water from the Freestyle machines. You don't need an activated cup to just access water. This definitely applies at the Disney resorts that have Freestyle machines, but I haven't been to Universal since 2016, so may have changed.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

GE have water barrels outside I’ve seen It on vloggs couldn’t say where though lol 😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
It certainly used to be the case that you could get water from the Freestyle machines. You don't need an activated cup to just access water. This definitely applies at the Disney resorts that have Freestyle machines, but I haven't been to Universal since 2016, so may have changed.
Unfortunately you have to have an activated freestyle cup now, even just for water.

Universal have never had any issues filling up my refillable water bottle with tap water. We have spent many, many days at universal and I’ve refilled my bottle several times at day.

Most of the quick service restaurants have a big water container with a tap to use. If they don’t, I have no problem asking at the front of the line for some water.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
The Crystal Palace had a barrel water filler outside that you could help yourself to. We used the one in Gastons a few times.

And in DHS there is one outside the Hollywood and Vine.

From memory most waiting areas for TS restuarants have them.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List