Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Nov 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Hagrids ride pre planning

We are going to attempt to get on hagrids ride today
Early hours this week are universal studios at 8am
Islands of adventure is at 9am
Once we starting queuing at the gates at Ioa are we better turning right through suess landings or left via the hulk

I am guessing the people with early access will not doubt head for the Hogwarts express in universal studios to get to the station area in ioa as soon as the train starts running. Would this be at 9am,
Fingers crossed
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

I've read in trip reports that the train doesn't get you in before the people lining up at IOA. I don't know if it's always the case but I've read about people arriving on 1st train and there's already a large queue.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Go through the Suess section but stay to the left of the Green Eggs and Ham restaurant along the water if you can first thing. I walked that way yesterday and it definitely felt shorter.

Don't be put off by the initial posted wait time. I think they exaggerate it. Yesterday afternoon the time said 120 minutes but they gave us a disability pass return time of only 45 minutes. I expect that was because the actual wait time was more like an hour. They ride is fantastic so definitely worth a wait if you can handle it.
Old 4 Nov 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Not sure what the queues are like generally now, but in August, we went to IOA gates for 8AM had breakfast stood at the gates, 8:30 they open then a little rush/ some runners! to another holding point before Suess Landings. Heading left wouldnt work for the queuing at all.

Then approx 8:50 it was crazy running one day people jumping over tables and chairs/ 2nd time we did it a little more controlled but still a rush and pushing etc.

In my mind worth it though as we were off the ride for 09:15/20 each time and could enjoy the day.

note when we got off the Queue was huge each time and snaking all around. probably upto 2hrs minimum at 09:15.

Its a great ride

Edited at 01:37 PM.
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Mobile

What a fantastic ride it is. Just briliant
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

best ride ever
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

What strategy did you go for Mike4scuba? Any tips?
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

When we went in August we had the attitude 'if we get to ride then it's a bonus'. First day we were there the ride was down nearly all day. The next we headed left to avoid the crowds and casually ride all the ride around to Jurassic Park. At about 1045 we decided to have a go and joined the queue with a 180 min stand by time. After 45 mins we had the option of single rider but opted to stay as we were. It took us another hour from that point. We got front and second row. Brilliant ride amazing memories and well worth the wait but I wouldn't be sprinting over tables and chairs to get there!
Troyston is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
What strategy did you go for Mike4scuba? Any tips?
As we didnt have access to getting in the parks 1 hour early we choose a day that ioa had no early hour access that way we had the same chance as getting on the ride as everyone else

The park opening time was 9am. We were parked up at 7:30am through security and made our way to the park gates arriving around 7:50am

There were already ques forming of around 15 deep at each turnstile but we headed to the far left as there was only around 4 people in that que
At 8:30am we looked back at the ques and it was far as the eye could see
Staff arrived at around 8:35am and by 8:40am we were through the gates and into the park.
Let battle commence...
We headed straight then right towards Seuss landings taking the left pathway besides the lake and into the next section of the park
This had been organised to slow the crowds down and used zig zag of barriers to move you into position when entering the Harry Potter section which we arrived at around 8:55am

We went passed the locker area and leapfrogged quite a few families as we had no bags
Went passed hagrids place but he didnt seem to be in

By 9:05am we were at the front of the que and ready to ride.

And we are off

I wont post anymore pics as I dont want to spoil it for others.
What a fantastic ride it is and well worth the effort.

Edited at 10:42 AM.
Old 5 Nov 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Sounds like a great experience Mike!

Quick question - are you allowed mobile phones on the ride? In a secure pocket at least?

I'm guessing bags are not allowed?

Thinking of doing Universal tomorrow and just pre-planning too! I'm ok with waiting in line as long as I can have my mobile with me to pass the time...