Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 2 - Off on our Disney Cruise!

Day 2 - Disney Cruise

We were soooo excited for our Disney Cruise! We decided after visiting last time we wanted to do a cruise. We debated a 3 day or 4 day but choose the 4 so we had an extra day to explore the ship.

We got up at 6.30am and headed to breakfast at 7, my parents were heading for their first day at Disney at Magic Kingdom.

I had ordered my parents some Mickey ears, dad wasn't so keen to wear his .

After breakfast we dropped them off for their day at Magic Kingdom, we dropped them off at the TTC about 7.45am. I was so excited for them to experience the park . They had fastpasses for space mountain, splash mountain and thunder mountain and a lunch ADR at Be our Guest. We said our goodbyes until Friday.

Love seeing this sign

We popped back to the hotel to get our stuff and left for our cruise just after 9. I was logged into my parents Disney app and a photo popped up so I knew they had arrived at MK!

The drive was uneventful but traffic the other way was awful, we drove past 5 accidents in quite a short distance and wondered what on earth it was about that stretch of road.

Our first view of the ship

We dropped our car off at Avis and they transferred us to the port. Our check in was at 11.15, we checked in and got a photo with captain Mickey.

We didn't get on the ship until about 12.15 though, we were told we got delayed as they were decorating it. We were chatting to a cast member, we were boarding group number 9 but he gave us a new card with 4 on so we could get on quicker .

We got on the ship and wow it was even more amazing than expected. It was a Halloween on the High Seas cruise which was even more exciting.

Very excitedly boarding the ship.

There was a short queue for Cinderella so we got straight in, before heading to Cabanas for food.

The buffet was so good and we had to stop ourselves going mad. We could get into a room at 1.30 and after lunch we only had about 20 mins, we went and booked the frozen and princess meet for our sea day. I had been trying to book this online but it was full, we easily managed to book it on board so definitely worth trying there.

We got in our room at 1.30 and our bags had already arrived. We had an inside cabin and were so impressed with the size.

We loved the port hole camera

We had made magnets for our door, we were soooo glad we did this!
We unpacked some stuff before heading to our champagne tasting at 2. We had pre-booked this before we left. This was in the Pink Bar and we tried 5 different champagnes. It was $38 each, we both loved it, the champagne was amazing and we learnt loads! It was the perfect way to start the holiday.

After we finished we went back to our room to finish unpacking before the safety briefing. We had a wander around the ship - excited about the ice cream and saw some of the sail away party.

The show was the Golden Mickeys, we had booked the late dinner so we saw the 6.15 show. We saw the halloween tree lighting before dinner.

Selfies in the Mickey mirror

We popped outside to see the sunset.

Our first night restaurant was the enchanted garden, I had the bacon and mushroom tart, the prime rib and sticky date pudding. Chris had the lobster ravioli, scallops and sticky date pudding. The prime rib was the winner!

We got a 3 bottle wine package, we only had a glass each though as we were both so tired. They bought us out a celebration cake for my birthday, I was slightly embarrassed about the fuss, typical English.

Our wine waiter gave us little puzzles each night, she made me wear a crown for solving it .

We got a couple of photos after dinner and met Tiana, then decided to go back to the room, we watched some Monsters Inc before going to bed.

It had been an incredible first day on the cruise!

Day 3 - Disney Cruise, Nassau

Edited at 10:34 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Really good embarkation day. We have a cruise booked in May and were wondering how and when you can book events etc (like the champagne 🥂 one)
Old 6 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Really good embarkation day. We have a cruise booked in May and were wondering how and when you can book events etc (like the champagne 🥂 one)
For first time visitors I think it is 75 days ahead, it went live at midnight, I didn't do it until about 8am though and I missed out but kept checking and the champagne tasting came up at a later point. If you miss out though, make sure you check on board.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LN89 View Post
For first time visitors I think it is 75 days ahead, it went live at midnight, I didn't do it until about 8am though and I missed out but kept checking and the champagne tasting came up at a later point. If you miss out though, make sure you check on board.
That's great thanks for the information.