Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 3 - Disney Cruise, Nassau

Day 3 - Nassau

We were at Nassau today I woke up a bit before 7 and popped to the gym, it was surprisingly busy. I bought a coffee for me and an iced tea for Chris from the cafe as I wasn't too impressed with the coffee at the drinks station. We then went to get breakfast after getting ready.

Early morning ship views

We couldn't get off until 9.30 so we went up on deck and watched the ship on its way in.

We also stopped for a photo with Minnie on the way off the ship as the queue was quite short. We had bought the USB stick package for the cruise photos beforehand which was about $195, I debated this quite a bit but was so glad we did.

We hadn't booked any excursions for Nassau but planned to go for a wander.

We walked up to the fort, stopping for a coconut then over to the Queens Staircase. I stopped at the hard rock to get my obligatory shirt, this was $30.

Views from the fort

Views of our cruise ship in the distance

The Queen's Staircase

We headed to junkaroo beach, we would've continued on but it was so hot so we stopped off at a bar instead and got some drinks and made the most of their free wifi.

They had an offer for 3 beers for $10. It wasn't much past 11, but oh well we are on holiday

We walked a bit of the way back to the ship and stopped at a little restaurant for some jerk chicken and rice. They had two cocktails for $10 so we both got a cocktail, we got a free shot with it, then for some reason we got given another shot! The food was so good, exactly what we wanted. It came to $50 inc tip.

We walked back to the ship, it had been very hot so we were desperate for a cool down. We went and had a go on aqua duck, the queue said 30 mins but I think it was only 15-20 mins. I have taken some screenshots from the go pro I was wearing.

It was raining when we got off though so we headed back to the room for a shower. I was tired so had a cheeky nap and Chris went out for a wander, he went to a bar to join a quiz and ended up winning .

There was a Halloween party tonight with some trick or treating, we wandered around a bit and got a couple of sweets. I got my Jack skeleton dress off ebay which was a bargain and I absolutely loved it! We stopped for some photos, before going to the first show.

Tonight's show was called Believe, which was great and we preferred it to the night before. We wanted to pop to a bar to have a drink and we ended up in one which had board games and enjoyed a game of chess - Chris won unfortunately!

We were at Royal Palace for dinner, we were in a side room which was nice and quiet. I ordered a fried bree for starter, Chris tried the escargo but also ordered the bree in case he didn't like it. We both then had the French onion soup. I then had the duck and Chris had the lamb, dessert was a creme brulee for Chris and apple tart for me.

The food was so good and we loved this restaurant, we both were more lively too as we'd been so tired the night before. We ordered a red and a white bottle as we'd got the wine package (Chris doesn't drink red but I love it), they keep it for you and bring it the next night.

After dinner we waited for a photo with mickey. There was an adults only Halloween party in one of the bars t 10.45 so we went along to that to see what was going on, most of it seemed to be costume parties so we watched some before going to watch Disney movies in bed.

We walked back through the ship and it was really quiet so we got some more photos.

We popped up to get some drinks and they were playing Coco.

We got back to our room and went to bed.

My parents had spent the day at Busch Gardens - they enjoyed it and got soaked on the water rides! They used the Busch Gardens shuttle which we booked before they left.

Day 4 - Sea Day

Edited at 10:43 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Was the fort and queens staircase a far walk? I’ve been 4 times and didn’t know that was there 🙈 great day look forward to reading the rest!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Was the fort and queens staircase a far walk? I’ve been 4 times and didn’t know that was there 🙈 great day look forward to reading the rest!
It was only about 15 minute walk, definitely worth a visit!
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List