Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

How awful. I hope you aren’t impacted.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

Meadowhall have cancelled their event.
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sally42 View Post
Meadowhall have cancelled their event.
I've just seen that on Facebook, God knows, why they didn't cancel it hours ago, people trying to get home now have the hazard of leaving there in the dark and there are posts the bus interchange is closed but not sure if that's true, and a lot of trains from there are cancelled
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Main road to my village is closed
I’m in upton near pontefract
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Stay safe everyone - hope anyone impacted by this horrible weather gets home and that their own home is dry and warm.

Hope things with you are ok Mexy02.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Blimey. I’ve only just seen this in the news.
My boss’s son sent him a video of cars driving through a river at the end of his road.
They’re stuck but at least as they’re on a hill they aren’t flooded. I wonder how many people are affected?
Being stuck in a shopping centre overnight must be weird.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
I've got my OH and my daughter at home cramping my style, he can't get to work, daughters school is shut, there is one route now open out of our village but it's not authorised for use cos it's just a bus route and bridge isn't to be used for lots of traffic... That's my route into work later, I'm not prepared to walk so if I can't go down there I won't be going, all other routes are flooded ill try and add pics but they are off facebook so not sure how lol. The shopping mall flooded outside but not inside and is now open as normal for shoppers 🙄

This is all the routes out of our parish.

This is around corner from where we used to live that flooded in 2007, we moved up the hill first opportunity we got, they put in flood defences that said would work in future... Yep that worked 🤬

This is just round corner from where we used to live and the nature reserve is now on road which ducks are enjoying but doubt the policeman in that car is 😳,
Good news though the rains stopped but it carried on until we'll into the early hours

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

It's awful we were flooded in2007 and spent 6 months living in a caravan on the drive while the house was completely gutted downstairs, the stress is horrendous, we had people saying " you're lucky you are getting everything new " but having to try and choose stuff that is out of stock , flooring paint kitchens fireplaces furniture... all at once along with thousands of others, can't get a builder etc etc I hope I never have to go through it again
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
It's awful we were flooded in2007 and spent 6 months living in a caravan on the drive while the house was completely gutted downstairs, the stress is horrendous, we had people saying " you're lucky you are getting everything new " but having to try and choose stuff that is out of stock , flooring paint kitchens fireplaces furniture... all at once along with thousands of others, can't get a builder etc etc I hope I never have to go through it again
Our old house that flooded in 2007 was my partners then and day after it flooded he was exchanging contracts on it and we were going to get a house together obviously they pulled out of sale, and he was out of house over a year but I still had my house so he moved in with me. Eventually when we could sell we moved to top of a hill but when this happened in 2007 they said it wouldn't happen again, so it has and we can move around at top of this hill but can't get out the parish to get to work or anywhere other side of here. Hopefully now it's dry things will improve over the hours, some houses are a right mess in the dip
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
That's awful. Happened to my sisters' in laws - the damage was beyond what I would have imagined.
Must be a nightmare to clean up after, a burst pipe is bad enough let alone something like this.. really feel for everyone involved
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List