Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I’m left handed but over the years I’ve trained myself to write with either hand to avoid smudging! I think LH pens were only an issue when they were fountain pens, with most other pens there’s no problem. I struggle with scissors and, as a pp has said, cake forks! I also have a LH mouse for my desktop.The worst thing was cheque books, LH people have to contort themselves to write them. I always thought the cheques in the us were brilliant as they tore across the top. So pleased we don’t need them any more.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I’m left handed but over the years I’ve trained myself to write with either hand to avoid smudging! I think LH pens were only an issue when they were fountain pens, with most other pens there’s no problem. I struggle with scissors and, as a pp has said, cake forks! I also have a LH mouse for my desktop.The worst thing was cheque books, LH people have to contort themselves to write them. I always thought the cheques in the us were brilliant as they tore across the top. So pleased we don’t need them any more.
Yes. watching DH write a cheque was like watching a contortionist! Never thought about a mouse. will buy one for DH as one of his Christmas presents, Thankyou for the idea.
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Smudgers or not,lefties are special people 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
We are! I love how it’s slightly unique, although my best friend is left handed too.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
I use my left hand to cut but don't bother with left handed scissors. (Think I did when I was younger but not sure what difference they made!)
I think I once tried to use the left handed scissors at school with my right hand and it didn’t work, so maybe they’re a different shape or something, not too sure actually! Apparently they have a few left handed things which I’ve never used like tin openers?
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Definately true. Far more creative.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
My DH has the paper at 90degrees and writes vertically. I recently bought a little white board for the kitchen and asked him to write some notes up and he said he would only be able to write upwards on it not across.
I’d be the same! I have to avoid writing up on walls at work as my horizontal writing is appalling 🤣
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hi don’t smudge when I’m writing. I do have left handed scissors for work which are easier to use I get in indent in my thumb with right handed one
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

used the smudge when using an ink pen in school but as said before learnt to write with the book at an angle to try to avoid it. I can't use a normal tin opener so have an electric one also I am rubbish at cutting in a straight line, guess I should try left-handed scissors .

I read the other day that approx 1 in 10 people are left handed.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lepres
Excited about Disney

I'm one of the lucky lefties who writes straight as I hated smudging my school work and getting ink on my little finger.
I remember writing with a right handed fountain pen and splitting the nib open! I was then bought a left handed one - so much nicer to use. One of my best left handed purchases is a rosewood handled Potato peeler I bought it in Australia in 1992 and its still going strong - and the rest of the family can't use it! lololol
I was once told you should never share a fountain pen either left or right handed as the writer wears the nib to their style of writing.
I hope you find a nice pen you like for your son.
lepres is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List