Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Based on what scientific evidence? Two people? The flu jab is an important part of keeping people safe.
Well you could base it on the posts in this thread, think there are about 7 cases of issues after the jab (not saying theyve got flu from it but issues)

Or i could base it on the pharmacist in tesco where my wife had it and went back to speak to them after coming out in a rash.

Or the GP whom my wife visited.

Do i need scientific evidence for such a broad statement as...

"Seems this years jab is causing some issues on delivery"

Probably not.
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

After having flu when my youngest was a baby and he wouldn't go to anyone else I always get the jab sore arm and sniffy nose is well worth it.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Well you could base it on the posts in this thread, think there are about 7 cases of issues after the jab (not saying theyve got flu from it but issues)

Or i could base it on the pharmacist in tesco where my wife had it and went back to speak to them after coming out in a rash.

Or the GP whom my wife visited.

Do i need scientific evidence for such a broad statement as...

"Seems this years jab is causing some issues on delivery"

Probably not.
Sorry but all you have is small sample anecdote. My reference point is national and yes as far as I am concerned yes you do need scientific evidence if you are going to scare monger.

For many people the flu jab is vital. However many people are also scared of these things. They need the facts based on a national picture. People have gone on for years about various side effects they think they have had due to it. There is no conspiracy.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and I am taking methotrexate. I had to have a pneumonia jab as well as a flu jab and I was up all night with the shivers and excruciating pain in my joints. Both arms where sore but the flu one had a large red rash around it. Everything passed in just over 24 hours though and I put it down to my RA 😩
dubletrub is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and I am taking methotrexate. I had to have a pneumonia jab as well as a flu jab and I was up all night with the shivers and excruciating pain in my joints. Both arms where sore but the flu one had a large red rash around it. Everything passed in just over 24 hours though and I put it down to my RA 😩
I also take methotrexate and have had the flu jab (though not the pneumonia one). My consultant said the flu jab would be fine as it isn’t a live vaccine. I’m travelling to Asia at the end of the month to deliver training and was advised to check all the jabs were not live vaccines either. I had all of the vaccines on the same day and had no ill effects at all.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Sorry but all you have is small sample anecdote. My reference point is national and yes as far as I am concerned yes you do need scientific evidence if you are going to scare monger.

For many people the flu jab is vital. However many people are also scared of these things. They need the facts based on a national picture. People have gone on for years about various side effects they think they have had due to it. There is no conspiracy.
Feel free to point out where i am scare mongering, pop in it a quote for me to see.

Quoting the pharmacist is not me scare mongering!

Ive never said dont get it.

Even the NHS themselves say there are side effects of the Flu jab with people. a mild fever, muscle aches, they admit that people may have an allergic reaction that can come on within minutes. Now ive seen people with allergic reactions, they come out in rashes, swellings, itches, hot to the touch... oh is that what i posted about earlier?

But im the scare monger? Not the NHS who say the same thing.

Ive not said there is a conspiracy.
Old 13 Nov 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My daughter had her flu jab a couple of weeks ago and apart from the usual slightly sore arm for a day she had no reaction. I am due mine next week and will certainly be going. I had the flu 3 weeks ago and felt really rough, but I know it could have been very much worse.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
neelixm8
Proud to wear my Ears

My arm was swollen and sore for a few days. I missed last year and suffered with pneumonia ended up in hospital so I will do anything to avoid a repeat. Hope you're feeling better now.
neelixm8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Even the NHS themselves say there are side effects of the Flu jab with people. a mild fever, muscle aches, they admit that people may have an allergic reaction that can come on within minutes. Now ive seen people with allergic reactions, they come out in rashes, swellings, itches, hot to the touch... oh is that what i posted about earlier?
But these side effects can happen with ANY injection. And you're told this BEFORE and after you receive the injections.
Children get side effects from their childhood injections, babies can be cranky for days afterwards, some can even get runny nappies a few days afterwards. But these are NORMAL effects as its signs of your body producing antibodies trying to fight off an unknown substance put into our bodies.
Some people get effects, some people dont. But it's certainly no reason to not get an injection if it's going to keep us safe and alive.

Regarding your quote of allergies. Patients are asked if they have any known allergies to eggs or chicken or any other allergies.
I always have to tell them I have a nickel allergy as they may have to use a different type of needle for me.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Feel free to point out where i am scare mongering, pop in it a quote for me to see.
Certainly. Here is what you posted

Seems this years jab is causing some issues on delivery

There is no evidence for that statement at all. The anecdotes of a few people does not mean thereis an issue with the jag this year.

To suggest that there is a problem with no properly researched evidence is scare mongering.

I am now leaving this discussion.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread