Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Mar 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

Tokyo Disney booked for Jan

Any advice, essential info, must see places in tokyo?
irnman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How exciting! We're going in November. Where are you staying and for how long? Did you know you can request travel brochures for free from the Japan National Tourism Organisation: jnto.go.jp/brochures/eng/index.php They sent us some maps and local guides for Tokyo.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

What do you like, why you going, to see what sort of thing? Then can advise a bit I hope
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

Okura Tokyo bay, 5 full days there.
Our plan atm, is 4 days disney, 1 day hello kitty land, we wouldn't mind travelling into Tokyo for a few sight seeing and anime places etc

Edited at 04:05 AM.
irnman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

This You Tuber goes to Tokyo quite often, and is an anime and Disney fan.

The video above shows the Disney merch she got from non-Disney stores in Tokyo, her other vids cover anime places she goes to so check her out. She goes to Tokyo Disney too and I have watched her vids a lot
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

I see your heading there soon, look forward to any tips you pick up, hope u have a great time.
Disney Tokyo 2020
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1092429&page=2

thats my page, im updating as I book things. So far we are still narrowing down what we want to do overall, at Easter we will get a couple of A3 sheets out - Disney, Kyoto (and maybe Osaka) then Tokyo. We split each day into roughly AM/PM (maybe evening) and get the post it notes on there.

some things (such as Ghibli) we cannot book until June so that will take priority depending on if/when we get tickets.

we too are stopping at the Okura bay for our Disney Leg (4 nights). They have a loyalty card that you can "attach" to a hotel, I cannot remember what this does but we did it anyway!

Edited at 03:58 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by irnman View Post
I see your heading there soon, look forward to any tips you pick up, hope u have a great time.
Thanks - yes am rather excited in the least and would love to pass things on after have been. Surprising how much I know from watching YT and asking questions here and other places, but it is still quite daunting to go to another country where most folks cannot speak English, and I know about 5 words / phrases of Japanese. My niece is working 2 years in Malaysia and she is visiting Tokyo in 26 days - so have primed her with what I know and wants to see how she gets on! Alas she is only there for what is in effect a long weekend, but she is going to Disney.
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Our son and his fiancée visited Tokyo, Tokyo Disney Sea, Kyoto and a few other places in January this year. They had a wonderful time but it was incredibly cold, so make sure you take plenty of layers and gloves and hats.

If you love anime, you will want to visit the Akihabara area which has lots of shops and arcades with anime merchandise in it. They also visited the Pokemon Cafe in Tokyo which was great fun, Studio Ghibli Museum, Gundam Cafe and Statue, Tokyo Zoo and so much more. They enjoyed it so much, they have said they want to return one day and see more of the country
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I would really be interested in any info you come back with as Japan is on our bucket list, not specifically Disney but if there we might just check it out.