Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Unread 11 Mar 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We also do 2 x one way car rentals, but although the base price is low, there are tolls to pay plus you have to refill with fuel so there is the added issue of finding somewhere suitable.
For people who just want ease, getting an Uber is definitely a good choice.
Joa
I知 clearly not a very observant passenger 😂 as I didn稚 remember the tolls.

We paid for half a tank of fuel up front and found it痴 not much more that at a gas station. Meant we could return the car without filling up.

I think you can schedule Uber痴 in advance, not sure but it works but I guess that would be a good option.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Art of Animation
Unread 11 Mar 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
Apprentice Imagineer

We will be doing this in September. Neither of us have any inclination to drive on holiday so it値l be Lyft for us.

Would be interested to hear from people who have done it.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2017; 3 gingers and an odd one
Unread 11 Mar 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going to get a Lyft or Uber to Port Canaveral In a few weeks. We always have a car when we go to Florida and this is our first onsite stay and Disney Cruise so we are going to try out not driving. My DH drives for a living so it値l be a break for him. We drove to Port Canaveral a few years ago though and found it an easy drive
I値l try to remember to update the thread on how much the lyft/Uber cost. As you値l see from my countdown it値l be very soon!
minnie29 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney Dopey run challenge holiday
Unread 11 Mar 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We are going to get a Lyft or Uber to Port Canaveral In a few weeks. We always have a car when we go to Florida and this is our first onsite stay and Disney Cruise so we are going to try out not driving. My DH drives for a living so it値l be a break for him. We drove to Port Canaveral a few years ago though and found it an easy drive
I値l try to remember to update the thread on how much the lyft/Uber cost. As you値l see from my countdown it値l be very soon!
Have a fabulous holiday
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2017; 3 gingers and an odd one
Unread 12 Mar 19, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I do the drive twice a month. It is extremely easy. Basically you drive past the airport and keep going in a straight line to the coast. There are a few tolls but if you use Sunpass you don't even slow down. The total charge is approximately $5 each way. I have auto top up so haven't really paid attention. Just check the daily Sunpass usage fee as well. I believe Alamo is one of the cheapest. I wouldn't pay for a full tank of petrol for a one way rental. There are plenty of gas stations once you get past the port and near the car rental places. There is absolutely nothing between the airport and the port so don't plan on stopping for breakfast or anything else though.
Unread 12 Mar 19, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I do the drive twice a month. It is extremely easy. Basically you drive past the airport and keep going in a straight line to the coast. There are a few tolls but if you use Sunpass you don't even slow down. The total charge is approximately $5 each way. I have auto top up so haven't really paid attention. Just check the daily Sunpass usage fee as well. I believe Alamo is one of the cheapest. I wouldn't pay for a full tank of petrol for a one way rental. There are plenty of gas stations once you get past the port and near the car rental places. There is absolutely nothing between the airport and the port so don't plan on stopping for breakfast or anything else though.
Thanks for the info on petrol stations and there being nowhere to stop for breakfast, all very good to know!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas Escape
Unread 15 Mar 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I use a Cortrans shuttle. Its a fabulous company. You do have the hassle of having to get to MCO as that's where they pick up, so I get the MDE. Its a van type thing for about 10 ? people. Its also very cheap and efficient. You pay on the day and they drop you off right at your cruise terminal and pick you up on your return or you can book one way.
Unread 15 Mar 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are staying on site and it's a Disney cruise I would consider using the Magical Express.
Sept 2004 - Hampton Lakes and Madeira Beach. June 2005 - Westridge. May 2006 - Clear Creek. Apr 2007 - Crescent Lakes and Madeira Beach. Apr 2008 - Crescent Lakes. Apr 2009 - Bahama Bay. Sept 2010 - OKW. June 2011 - LBV resort and spa. Feb 2012 - Regal Palms.
disneypars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR, DISNEY DREAM AND SSR
QuickSilver