Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Oct 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Walkers Grr

I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.

Edited at 07:33 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I have been trying to book a BWV standard view studio for next September. every day at noon I am frozen out, you can see both Today and yesterday with no availability.

About an hour later yesterday then becomes free as people walk their reservation one day.

It's really frustrating but understandable what people are doing, I do think there should be a limit on the number of changes you can do though.
But the same system is open to you to use and walk to get the reservation you want.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
But the same system is open to you to use and walk to get the reservation you want.
Where do you start though? I was checking our November VGF booking about a week out and wouldn't have been able to walk at that point because the first day was constantly unavailable. I did manage to get in the day before I wanted and walked out of panic. I wouldn't have been able to get the few days before our stay without walking for well over a week.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Where do you start though? I was checking our November VGF booking about a week out and wouldn't have been able to walk at that point because the first day was constantly unavailable. I did manage to get in the day before I wanted and walked out of panic. I wouldn't have been able to get the few days before our stay without walking for well over a week.
I’ve only ever walked to VGC because it such a hard resort to get into. Usually 2 weeks before I want to go, if a date is open then I book from then then call each day to amend. Now I’ve not stayed there for 4 years and haven’t used the online booking system for amendments (didn’t know you could) but if I need to them I will walk. Never had to for bay lake though which is my home resort.

We go less and less now, our annual trips have turned into every 3/4 years. First trip home will be next Nov, our first since 2017.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
There were people walking as early as September for December reservations this year at difficult to get resorts - due to food and wine and then the Christmas stuff (not just Christmas itself but the ‘cheap’ pointwise early December dates to see all of the decorations etc). It just creates huge problems and a false sense of panic (ie people were panicking about food and wine reservations, that subsequently opened up, once the early Dec walkers had passed those dates - that in turn creates panic about actual Christmas reservations, as those waiting for late Dec see that there are no openings for them, so jump in early too!).

We are planning a one off extended family trip to celebrate a 60th birthday on NYE, so I’m willing to walk but I just can’t compete with those time periods (forget being willing - I’m not able, due to my Dec UY) ☹️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
There were people walking as early as September for December reservations this year at difficult to get resorts - due to food and wine and then the Christmas stuff (not just Christmas itself but the ‘cheap’ pointwise early December dates to see all of the decorations etc). It just creates huge problems and a false sense of panic (ie people were panicking about food and wine reservations, that subsequently opened up, once the early Dec walkers had passed those dates - that in turn creates panic about actual Christmas reservations, as those waiting for late Dec see that there are no openings for them, so jump in early too!).

We are planning a one off extended family trip to celebrate a 60th birthday on NYE, so I’m willing to walk but I just can’t compete with those time periods (forget being willing - I’m not able, due to my Dec UY) ☹️
That’s commitment walking that long! I wonder if these people actually stayed or just wanted the reservation to rent and change lots for it?
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
That’s commitment walking that long! I wonder if these people actually stayed or just wanted the reservation to rent and change lots for it?
Let’s hope they wanted it themselves, as I’d be even more frustrated if this was someone using it for monetary gain! ☹️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I’ve walked reservations. It’s available for all members.
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I’ve walked reservations. It’s available for all members.
Me too. Always for VGC!
Old 7 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yes Gavvy I agree it’s very annoying. I don’t know what the answer is.

Personally I simply can’t be free to do it every day at the right time, nor do I have enough points to walk early enough to guarantee my booking. So although people may say it’s available to everyone, it isn’t a level playing field (from my perspective).