Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Oct 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Well today the same happened at 1pm, the 8th became available and the 9th remains waitlist only.
However, the 10th is showing as available so tomorrow, maybe I can grab a villa, my work browser though is so slow I am not holding out.
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Sorry do you mean others have already waitlisted the day or you have set up a waitlist for your dates?

I left my wait list in place until I had been able to add in all the days I needed, once this happened I released the waitlist.

For mine a person or persons was releasing a day, a day or two after the latest date to book was released, so I got one day then waited and added on/modified my booking. Got 6 of the days I needed adding on one at a time and then the 7th day I needed didn’t get released for a couple of days, I just kept checking and then grabbed it.

I definitely would keep the waitlist and only release it if you are sure you don’t want it any more.
The system was showing today and tomorrow as waitlist only, meaning there was no point me checking today as all the rooms were already reserved by people booking probably 2 nights or more.

I dident waitlist.
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Well today the same happened at 1pm, the 8th became available and the 9th remains waitlist only.
However, the 10th is showing as available so tomorrow, maybe I can grab a villa, my work browser though is so slow I am not holding out.
I’m most likely not understanding what you are trying to book. However, why can’t you book the 8th and pick up a day at a time going forwards, seeing as it’s a ‘walker’ preventing you booking each day?
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I’m most likely not understanding what you are trying to book. However, why can’t you book the 8th and pick up a day at a time going forwards, seeing as it’s a ‘walker’ preventing you booking each day?
I could do that, but I need to book 2.5 weeks in total, so there is a huge risk I will book a few days then be blocked out for a day somewhere.

I really need to book a week at the 11 month and then add on days till I get my 17 days.

I am considering booking a view room and going less days as these are about 1/3rd more in points.

I still have time though, AS long as I return before end of Nov (as thats when out AP will run out)
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I could do that, but I need to book 2.5 weeks in total, so there is a huge risk I will book a few days then be blocked out for a day somewhere.

I really need to book a week at the 11 month and then add on days till I get my 17 days.

I am considering booking a view room and going less days as these are about 1/3rd more in points.

I still have time though, AS long as I return before end of Nov (as thats when out AP will run out)
Just noticed you are trying to book the most popular view/point Value BWV studio. TBH, it’s the same with BLT standard view at popular/low point times. Plus, AKV Club and Value.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Still blocked out, however the days behind are all free so far in September, so I will keep trying each day, but as long as they all stay free I will be able to book something. Ideally I want Early October, so will see what happens.

I do wonder how long these people have been walking for, I am thinking they are probably walking to Christmas!

I think the whole walking thing causes panic and then more walk, before long it will be impossible to get any date at the 11 month window due to walkers any time of year for these low point villas
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have always been able to book 2 AKL value studios for September or a 2 bed. This year nothing available so I am having to do the same as Andrina and pick up the single days as someone is dropping them. Will know for next year but it’s a real pain.
At one point even the 1 bed values only had a few days showing. Now most days are available though as people have released them.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I do wonder how long these people have been walking for, I am thinking they are probably walking to Christmas!

I think the whole walking thing causes panic and then more walk, before long it will be impossible to get any date at the 11 month window due to walkers any time of year for these low point villas
This is exactly what I think is happening & more & more people are panicking and joining in - I’ll be honest, because I’m booking a special trip for extended family and have told them I’m gifting it to them as a birthday present, this one time I too would be buying into this panic if my points were available to do it - but then I’d be adding to the problem, based on the ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’ mentality, which I absolutely hate!

Please DVC change this system to stop this hysteria! ☹️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Stil locked out, one day mid-September is now waitlist so I cant book a full 17 days at the moment. Looking like I book a pool or BW view for 30 points more per week, and then maybe either booking less days or consider another resort at the 7 month mark.

Am unsure what to do, will keep on trying for now, still got a few weeks

Edited at 08:41 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I'm sorry to be dopey but what exactly does walking mean?

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List