Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Mar 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Walmart grocery pick-up

Has anyone used this? I can't figure out how you pick up - the only info I can see on their FAQ is about using the app to check in when you are at the store. Well we won't have data and I'm not sure if their wifi will work in the car park. Can you just punch in an order number on a screen somewhere?

And does Walmart grocery take UK credit cards?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have used the click and collect grocery service a few times. When you arrive at your nominated store, it's a separate sign posted area in the carpark, more towards the back/side of the store in most cases. When you pull into a space in that area, there is a buzzer to press that alerts them someone is waiting. You choose a time slot when you do your shop so they'll have you're stuff ready and waiting. They come and take your name and then pop off again and come back with it. They help load the car and are really friendly we put a note on our order that we were flying in from the UK just in case we were delayed. I think they hold your stuff for 6 hours beyond the time slot.

We did click and collect for some baby items (babysit and bed guard) and for those we had to go into the store. Again, we'll signposted to an area with lockers and a shute. Punch the order number into a screen and it tells you the locker, or the shute and there it is, very efficient.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
That's fantastic - thanks so much! I really couldn't face faffing about with an app (I guess I'm put off by my Asda app which never works!)
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Can you pick up at any Walmart? Or do only specific ones do it? Also do you pay in advance in the U.K.

Finally, when I tried to do this last year the Walmart website came back and said the website isn’t available in the U.K. Any Links you may have would be great.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Can you pick up at any Walmart? Or do only specific ones do it? Also do you pay in advance in the U.K.

Finally, when I tried to do this last year the Walmart website came back and said the website isn’t available in the U.K. Any Links you may have would be great.
I've used grocery.walmart/ I've got a basket full of stuff on the website so it's let me get that far - haven't tried to pay yet though. Yes, you have to pay in advance, just like using Tesco etc. over here. As for which Walmarts do pickup, I'm not sure - the one on Old Lake Wilson certainly does.
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Leah30
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post

You can only collect from the click and collect store you selected,
The money will show as pending first and then will be taken when they have completed your shop.

The last pick up time for the 192 store is 7pm after that they close it so I don’t know what will happen after that time.

I collected last year and got there just In time at 6.55pm
I will be doing it again this year too it was a god send

Florida Obsessed
Leah30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The last pickup time for Old Lake Wilson is 10pm.

I registered for my account and did some of my first Grocery order on my phone and I always have the location/GPS thing turned off. Walmart's website asked permission to use location on my phone so I declined that, which just meant I had to use the manual search to find a store. I just typed 34747 and selected the Old Lake Wilson store and then chose "set this as home store". When I wanted to do the full shop before we flew, I logged on with the laptop and just completed everything on there; it never gave me any messages about not being in the USA. We paid with our Disney Visa (US account) so j can't help with the payment part, but I don't see what the issue would be using your own card so long as you ensure the billing address is correct? All Visa and Mastercard are accepted in store so I don't see why online would be different.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List