Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jul 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

For those of you who have ridden - can anyone explain the difference between riding in the bike versus the sidecar? Any pros or cons of each etc?
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soraia View Post
For those of you who have ridden - can anyone explain the difference between riding in the bike versus the sidecar? Any pros or cons of each etc?
Main con of the side car for me was I could not fit. They were pulling I'd say at least 50% of the line out for a check to see if you could fit. The sidecar was failing for a lot, including me - Im 6ft2 38w... it was more my legs stopping the bar than my fat belly.

Oddly it worked in my favour as a single rider if you fit in the side car you were automatically sent to the side car single rider, as I fitted the bike I was sent to an empty line for the bike and went straight on.

I saw a lot failing a green light on both cars and were sent away with a fastpass, am unsure if there is a sample car oustide the line, this was inside the main building just before the loading platform where single rider merged with the main line.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wildphantom
Proud to wear my Ears

The bike is way better as you feel like you have control. Plus the way you’re sat makes it feel a little more dangerous. They do pull people out of the queue to fill up spots in odd numbered groups, but if you volunteer you’ll almost certainly get the sidecar. Waiting for the bike is well worth it.

The ride is still great in the sidecar, but on the bike - it might be the most thrilling ride in the park.
wildphantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List