Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Oct 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rafiki22 View Post
Wow well done on all those amazing choices. I can't wait to try some Is cool wash near Test Track? x
Thank you! Yes Cool Wash is right opposite Test Track. We just happened to stumble across it (the new Donut Box booth is next to it too) as we went to our final FP+ at Test Track and we were so glad we did as I’d been saying I wanted a slushy and it couldn’t get much better than make your own!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

I just have to share the view from our room:

We had a great view when we stayed here last year but this is even better!

Last night we purchased a length of stay refill cup from the Bayliner Diner at Cabana Bay for $19.70 including tax. This includes the coke free style machines and icees.

How cute is the Halloween design!

At HHN we also bought this refillable cup which can be used at Volcano Bay, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and HHN. It was $18.10 for the cup and refills on the first day, and can be reactivated each day for a separate fee (I think it’s around $10). We do already have a cup we bought on our 2016 trip and used again last year, but we forgot to bring it to reactivate this year! Luckily the HHN stranger things design is pretty cool anyway.

orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
loving this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

I’ve your view. Well done on your Disney dining, using snacks at food and wine is a great idea and lots of great qs too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying following your report, I’m pinching some ideas for our trip in a few weeks😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all of the lovely comments again.

Today we went to volcano bay using the morning early entry and then came back to eat our Mickey crispy treat before going to universal studios. The crispy treat was sooo good - highly recommend the milk chocolate/Oreo crumbles/white chocolate drizzle combination

When we got to citywalk, we decided upon Moe’s for lunch before hitting the rides. We ordered one chicken quesadilla and one steak quesadilla, and added cheese, sour cream, salsa and onions to both. We also ordered a bowl of queso to go with the quesadillas and the free chips and salsa they give you with each order. We didn’t get drinks as we had our refillable cup with us and would be getting one soon after the meal. The total was $25.32.

The quesadillas were both super good. My favourite was the chicken; I think because we added red onions to that one whilst there were white onions on the steak quesadilla. W liked them both equally. The queso was such a good accompaniment as usual, and this remains a staple lunch location for us when visiting universal.

After a lovely few hours in both parks, we are now relaxing around the cabana bay pool before we get ready to go and see Blue Man Group tonight and eat at The Cowfish.
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Just catching up. Congratulations! 💓
Old 5 Oct 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Last night we watched the Blue Man Group which was really entertaining - highly recommended. You could get snacks and drinks for during the show but we decided to hold out to have a nice meal afterwards instead. The choice was The Cowfish.

To drink I ordered the Strawberry Fig cocktail and W a Bud Light.

I had originally asked if they could do a strawberry daquiri but after checking with the bar, the server came back to mention that they didn’t have all of the necessary ingredients. Never mind - the strawberry fig was a good replacement and I enjoyed it.

To start we shared the Crispy Calamari T & T which was fried calamari tubes and tentacles served on a bed of sweet chilli sauce.

I actually had this as a meal with some loaded fries last year. It is a really good dish and we both enjoyed it. I love the tentacles of calamari, so I had most of those and W had most of the tubes. We almost also ordered an appetiser of blackened tuna nachos too, but with the size of the calamari we were glad we didn’t!

For entree I ordered the High Class Hillbilly which is a mix between burger and sushi containing pulled pork, caramelised onions and BBQ sauce, which is potato wrapped and flash fried. It also has potato strings on top.

I ordered this as W had it last year and I got food envy of him at the time... it was really good. Neither of us are huge sushi fans, but this style really suits us. I really enjoyed my meal but there were far too many potato strings - I think they’re there to make it more of an eye catching dish than anything as I can’t see how you could finish them all!

W opted for the All-American Bacon Double Cheeseburgooshi which comprises black angus beef, cheddar cheese and applewood bacon wrapped in soy paper and potato strings, which is flash fried. It is also topped with dill pickle, red onion tomato, and burger sauce.

He really enjoyed this. I didn’t try it as I’m not really a fan of a standard cheeseburgers and burger sauce, but he said it tasted exactly like a good bacon cheeseburger. He really liked having it in the sushi form rather than as a standard burger.

The bill was as follows:

We like The Cowfish and will likely be back again on future trips.

After our meal we fancied something sweet and headed over to Coldstone Creamery.

I had a sign up offer from downloading their app for BOGOF on their ice creams, however, when we got to the counter we were told it doesn’t work at the Universal location! We therefore decided to just get the one ‘love it’ sized ice cream as they are huge anyway. We opted for the Dough For It cookie dough flavour which was cookie dough ice cream, cookie dough pieces, chocolate chips and sugar pieces.

This was really good ice cream and I especially loved the cookie dough chunks - but it was just too much! They don’t do any smaller sizes which is crazy as even between two of us we didn’t finish it and it was quite expensive really (but I suppose not for how much you got). We were quite glad not to have used the BOGOF offer in the end

I am currently sat on the beach overlooking the grand reef at Discovery Cove, so I will update with our food from here later on.

Edited at 05:22 PM.
Old 5 Oct 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Just catching up. Congratulations! 💓
Thank you! Xx
Old 6 Oct 19, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Today we spent the day at Discovery Cove which was a great day all round. We love it there. For anyone who doesn’t know, it is a day resort where all food/drinks are included.

For breakfast you are served all of the hot items and can then choose extra things such as pastries and fruit. Our plates were as follows:

Everything I ate was good, although I skipped the french toast and biscuit. W said they were nice though, I just didn’t fancy them and would have chosen not to have them if I’d been asked.

To drink we had orange juice which was a nice change as we drink a lot of orange juice at home and it had been lacking this trip!

After a swim in the grand reef W got a bud light and I tried a frozen margarita (which I was allowed after mentioning we’re from the UK and bought our tickets last year - otherwise they wanted us to upgrade to a premium drinks package).

The margarita was too strong for me and even W who would usually like a strong cocktail wasn’t much of a fan.

For lunch there were the following options:

We don’t remember seeing the steak before and both ordered it. We also added some salads on the side, melon and chocolate/cheesecakes.

We both really enjoyed the steak and thought it was good quality for this type of catering. The potatoes that came with it were also nice. We didn’t actually end up eating much of the cakes as we were planning the Cheesecake Factory for this evening and realised we probably shouldn’t be eating two cheesecakes on one day!

To drink W had Hi-C and I had a Diet Coke.

The Hi-C was a luminous red colour and to me tasted vile - it actually strangely reminded me of a much, much worse version of the grown up’s lemonade at woody’s lunchbox! W liked it though

Throughout the afternoon we tried:

Frozen lemonade - good but there were no straws so it was eaten with a spoon rather than drank!

Warm salted pretzel - this was a good pretzel but was a replacement for the warm cookies which were advertised but we couldn’t find

Frozen strawberry pina colada - this was better than the earlier margarita but nothing to write home about. At least it tasted more of fruit than alcohol!

Bud light lime - W ordered this but I tried it and it was lovely. A beer I would actually order!

Overall it was an excellent day and the food was better than I remembered. I think there has been some improvements in terms of the options since we last went in spring 2018.